1. Welcome to Aquarium Space! We are a friendly online community for aquarium owners all over the world who love their tanks including their fish, reefs, corals, invertebrates and their aquatic livestock. If you haven't joined yet, we invite you to register and join our community!

Science Channel - Mutant Planet

Discussion in 'Aquarium Equipment & Decor' started by NoctuVide, Jan 13, 2011.

1. NoctuVide

NoctuVide Thread Starter Member

While I was watching oddities on the Science Channel tonight, I saw an ad for the next Mutant Planet. This episode is called "Africa's Rift Valley Lakes" and looks to be mostly about cichlids! It will be on January 18th (Tuesday) at 10:00PM. Here's the episode's description from the science channel website:

January 18th, 10:00PM
    Mutant Planet
    Africa's Rift Valley Lakes
    TV-G

On the shores of Africa's Rift Valley Lakes a troop of chimpanzees provides an astonishing evolutionary counterpoint to the amazing story of small fish living beneath the surface, in a species pressure cooker, unlike anywhere else on the planet.

I was hoping there was a video online of at least the ad so I could link it, but no such luck!

(I'm sure this has been posted before, but at any rate) Also for you cichlid enthusiasts on here, if ya get a chance, look up Jewel of the rift on youtube. It's a show that was about Tanganyika cichlids. Here's a link to the first part of the show:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9nrPdnzW6eo

2. WhiteGloveAquatics

WhiteGloveAquatics New Member

yup,I got it on a season pass for the DVR. Great shows and extensive research was done to bring us the final product.