1. Welcome to Aquarium Space! We are a friendly online community for aquarium owners all over the world who love their tanks including their fish, reefs, corals, invertebrates and their aquatic livestock. If you haven't joined yet, we invite you to register and join our community!

Setting up a 90 gallon mbuna

Discussion in 'Cichlids' started by HBIC, Jan 8, 2011.

1. HBIC

HBIC Thread Starter Need help??? That's what we're here for :)

I have the opportunity to pick up a 90 gallon for a relatively cheap price. I plan to make this an mbuna setup, how does this sound for stocking?
    Metriaclima callainos
    Metriaclima Estherae
    Melanochromis Auratus
    Pseudotropheus Elongatus
    Labridochromus Exasperatus
    Labridochromus caeruleus
    Looking at 3 maybe 4 of each.

2. Anthony

Anthony Active Member

I would cut out the Auratus due to their extreme aggression and tank size. Other than that it looks okay to me. Might want to do some extra Labs though.

3. HBIC

The auratus is what is worrying me as well, I do love them though. Maybe up the labs to 6 or 8 and go with only the one auratus?

4. Anthony

Anthony Active Member

Yeah... You'll want a female Auratus if you can get one. I know that's hard to do if you're getting small fish.

5. HBIC

I know how mean they can be but I owned one and fell in love with it, I had to eventually rehome it because of it's aggression. I am hoping it will do ok, I guess I shall find out :)