1. Welcome to Aquarium Space! We are a friendly online community for aquarium owners all over the world who love their tanks including their fish, reefs, corals, invertebrates and their aquatic livestock. If you haven't joined yet, we invite you to register and join our community!

Sewellia Lineolata

Discussion in 'Freshwater General Discussion' started by HBIC, Aug 26, 2012.

1. HBIC

HBIC Thread Starter Need help??? That's what we're here for :)

An importer friend of mine is going to be bringing these in, they are my dream fish. I have had two of these before but they didn't make it :( Is anyone currently keeping these? Mine will be going in a 55 that I have with hopefully 25-30 white clouds. the current resident cray will be housed in another tank. Here's a pic of the two I had So anyone keeping these?
    014.JPG

2. HBIC

Check her out, she has some pretty interesting stuff in the micro fish world. She is a great chick to do business with and is 10000% reliable. http://msjinkzd.com/stocklist/

3. FishVixen

FishVixen Active Member

I had 4of them in a 33 long stream tank with them. They really need a good current in the tank I had mine for a year before I moved and had to downsize.

4. HBIC

I think I have the flow issue taken care of a large Koralia and each side of the tank should suffice, do you think this is enough flow?

5. buzz4520

buzz4520 Well-Known Member

how much current do these need ? we were thinking about getting a couple/few of the Borneo sucker (Gastromyzon Sp) for our 55g, which has 2 aqueon 55 h.o.b. @ 325 gph each.

6. HBIC

They need A LOT of flow within the tank, almost fast moving stream flow and quite a bit of soft green algae as well.

7. buzz4520

buzz4520 Well-Known Member

thanks for the info....we'll just take them off our list of possible bottom fish for our 55g. i think that if we increase the flow in the tank much more than it is now then the fish (guppy, platy, tetra) will just get blown around.

8. HBIC

That is probably your best bet, they really are only good for species only or in a tank with fish that can handle the flow, like the white clouds I am planning to get :)

9. FishVixen

FishVixen Active Member

White clouds are great with them. I had 2 maxi jets set up flowing to one end with 3 intake tubes with pre-filters on them. Definitely a current in the tank.

streamandangels029.jpg

10. HBIC

That looks very nice. I think I am pretty covered on the flow with the two koralia I have :)

11. FishVixen

FishVixen Active Member

Are they connected someway to a return for a one way Flow?

12. HBIC

I have one at each end of the tank, one is directed up where the other is directed down it creates a constant u shaped flow. Do you think I should make it one directional?

13. FishVixen

FishVixen Active Member

A true stream tank is one directional and easy to make with simple PVC construction