1. Welcome to Aquarium Space! We are a friendly online community for aquarium owners all over the world who love their tanks including their fish, reefs, corals, invertebrates and their aquatic livestock. If you haven't joined yet, we invite you to register and join our community!

Shouter Tanks

Discussion in 'Freshwater Aquariums & Fish Photos' started by shouter, Jul 13, 2009.

1. shouter

shouter Thread Starter New Member

Well the 20g will sit until I move out of the dorm, their is a 10g limit in the dorm. And for the 10g, it will sit until i get settled into the dorm. I am not sure what I want to do with it yet. I know that there will be Corys patrolling the bottom, I love those things!

2. LemonDiscus

LemonDiscus Active Member

Wow that sucks with the 10 gallon limit... I dont have a single tank that small... I wonder what they would say if I rolled in my 125 gallon into the dorm! :)

3. shouter

Just say its a "10 gallon long"

4. LemonDiscus

LemonDiscus Active Member

:)

5. shouter

the dorm advisor guy who checks all the rooms is really lenient, he probably would let me have the 20g in the dorm. If i have room once I get moved in. Ill ask him, he may just say when he checks the room that I should just tell Him its a 10, and my 10 is a 5 and my 5.5 is a 2.5.....

6. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

Lol, that's good (cutting the size in half).

Most people who don't keep fish don't have a clue as to the size/gallons of a tank...unless they are using a chart and tape measure...or the tank is a beast.

What about sumps? Does the same rule apply (10g or less)...cuz that might be a way around it (partition it and throw some balls in the one side to make it look like one and toss fish and what not in the other).

7. shouter

Nothing is said about sumps, so that could work also, haha. I think, give it a week or so to get situated, i will have the 20 in the dorm. Not sure how I will set it up yet. Community of some sort.

8. shouter

I am all moved into the dorm, I have brought my betta with, he is sitting on my desk. I have my 10 gallon in my car, waiting to be brought in, but I have to go purchase a stand for it. I will do that today most likely. So far, I am liking college life.

9. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

glad to hear all is going well. For the 10g you could use a dresser if you have on?
    Rolling microwave carts also work well (and are relatively cheap at wal-mart)

10. shouter

I got a cheap 20 dollar iron aquarium stand from petco, it seems like it will do the job.