1. Welcome to Aquarium Space! We are a friendly online community for aquarium owners all over the world who love their tanks including their fish, reefs, corals, invertebrates and their aquatic livestock. If you haven't joined yet, we invite you to register and join our community!

shrimp madness

Discussion in 'Freshwater Aquariums & Fish Photos' started by Anonymous, Apr 10, 2009.

1. Anonymous

Anonymous Thread Starter Guest

Top Poster Of Month

I can't help but laugh inside every time I check the aquarium & see all the tiny shrimp, intricate bodies, flailing antennae-- I can't help reading into this a sense of self-importance they seem to emanate.

They look like a Marine Light Armored Recon unit-- first on site in harm's way, stoic & determined.

Moving from one spot to another, their manner reminds one of a train of horses, dozens of legs pumping, somewhere desperately important to be... but not getting far for all the effort.

And they're always busy... ever notice? Even resting in place, they're always running their 'seafloor analysis', even when challenged by a curious-though-much-larger tank mate... their response seems to say, "Hey, can't you see I'm busy here-- take a number, ya fruit!"

In keeping things tidy around the place, they're like tiny devoted Kirby clerics, totally focused on locating & 'filing' each individual out-of-place particle on the aquarium floor.

Last but not least, they remind me of home. (see attached)

MMS-NC Sep Pics 002.jpg

2. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

Re: Brine Crazy

Haha..yea that is funny. Reminds me of the ghost shrimp..all that work to get an inch.