1. Welcome to Aquarium Space! We are a friendly online community for aquarium owners all over the world who love their tanks including their fish, reefs, corals, invertebrates and their aquatic livestock. If you haven't joined yet, we invite you to register and join our community!

Some fishy photos...

Discussion in 'Freshwater Aquariums & Fish Photos' started by NoctuVide, Jan 12, 2012.

1. MasterBlue

MasterBlue Active Member

=/ My guppies are starting to bore me. Stop showing me better fish XD lol
    Looking good man! Really good!

2. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

Love the open mouth shot!

3. NoctuVide

NoctuVide Thread Starter Member

Lol MasterBlue, guppies actually make great dither fish for tang cichlids. Thinking of replacing my millennium rainbows with guppies as dithers as the rainbows are a lot more expensive and a little large to use as dithers. They'll go in my 55 with the south Americans.

Dawn, I love when my altos yawn. You get to actually see how large their mouths are lol

4. NoctuVide

Although this is an old thread, I decided to mess around with fish photography again and will post my photos here rather than start a new thread.

Bolivian Ram
    ai218.photobucket.com_albums_cc37_NoctuVide_z60Ya.jpeg

L204 Flash Pleco
    ai218.photobucket.com_albums_cc37_NoctuVide_IMG_4889.jpg

5. HBIC

HBIC Need help??? That's what we're here for :)

Love the ram picture, if you are like me you take a zillion photos and might have one worth showing lol

6. NoctuVide

That's exactly how it goes! I'll have say 20 of one fish, but "nope, that ones to blurry" or "I don't like how his fin looks in that one" etc etc etc lol

7. HBIC

LOL Glad it's not just me :)

8. buzz4520

buzz4520 Well-Known Member

Your ram and pleco looks awesome !!!!

Same here with taking pis of the fish. So you guys aren't alone on this one. lol

9. HBIC

:) Looks like we are all in the same proverbial boat lol

10. NoctuVide

Need to get this pretty little fishy nice and well fed:
    ai218.photobucket.com_albums_cc37_NoctuVide_IMG_4930_2.jpg

11. HBIC

:0 It did happen, so pretty

12. NoctuVide

That it did! lol It was down between one of these guys, a really nice size L241 Galaxy Pleco (that I might be back tomorrow to see if they still have), or a couple of L183 starlight bristlenose. The wife suggested I pick up the L014 as I have been quite obsessed with them ever since I discovered them, Ned's has only gotten them in a couple times, and he always gets inL241 and L183.

13. HBIC

Sounds like you made a good decision and the fact that the wife approves is just icing on the cake lol

14. NoctuVide

This guys been in my tank for about a week now. I've seen them before in one of the LFS around here, and have always been curious about them, so the last time I went there I picked up the last one they had. Definitely one of the more strange looking fish I've had. I also feel somewhat lucky as he actually eats pellets that land on the rocks as well as algae growing on the side of the tank and and rocks.

Hillstream Loach
    ai218.photobucket.com_albums_cc37_NoctuVide_IMG_5053.jpg

15. HBIC

Jealous!!!! Sewellia Lineolata is my favorite fish

16. NoctuVide

Are you unable to get any where you live? They occasionally pop up around here from time to time, but when I got this one it was labeled Zebra sucker fish, and the guy who netted it out was saying that it had something to do with legalities or technicalities or something. So I'm curious if they are a banned species in some states/ towns.
    At any rate, they are definitely an interesting fish to watch in the tank. This one has gotten to a point where it's feeding on pellets off the gravel now. I say pellets because I'm not quite sure which type of food it's going for. I feed my fish a combination of NLS, Tetra Granules (the omnivore plecos go crazy for that stuff), and Omega one super color flakes (with the occasional frozen blood worms thrown in as a treat).
    Also I took a couple more pics. The loach definitely has some crazy colors going on. I'm not quite sure if it's the fishes coloration, or if it has almost mirror scales. Also for whatever reason, I love this pic of the L14. You can definitely see his colors becoming more vibrant.

Side view, notice the pinkish/orangish color going on on it's back?
    ai218.photobucket.com_albums_cc37_NoctuVide_IMG_5113.jpg

A face only a mother could love
    ai218.photobucket.com_albums_cc37_NoctuVide_IMG_5123.jpg

L14, Fins are getting darker, yellow spots more vibrant.... I love this fish lol
    ai218.photobucket.com_albums_cc37_NoctuVide_IMG_5085.jpg

17. buzz4520

buzz4520 Well-Known Member

Awesome looking fish !!!!!! I thought about getting some Hillstream Loaches a few months ago but don't have the proper set up for them....maybe some day.

18. HBIC

They are unheard of in my area, I wish they were more available :(

19. NoctuVide

Time to update with some new photos! lol

This guy (or should I say girl) just came in the mail for me today. My first experience ever having something live shipped to me. Once she starts having babies, they will become snacks for my chocolate cichlid and oscar. Just lately, really wanted to try a crayfish out and these girls are supposedly much less aggressive compared to other crays. She just recently started to walk around outside of her driftwood cave (go figure I set up a PVC tube hotel and she uses the pleco's log... lol) and she's quite amusing to watch walk around the tank. Also, this tank is being used as my wife's molly tank. Have I ever mentioned how much I hate Mollys? lol Waiting for the first batch of fry to grow up (which was close to 30) so that I can get rid of them. The wife wants to put them in the 55 as "A whole bunch of community fish" where as I want to get more White clouds (really beautiful fish!) and a school of Glowlight Danios (not those glofish things).....

Marble Crayfish
    ai218.photobucket.com_albums_cc37_NoctuVide_IMG_5288.jpg
    While trying to get some good shots of my L014, I got one I liked of one of my Bolivian Rams. Still not sure which of my Bolivians is female and which is male. This one has longer streamers on it's tail where as the other really doesn't have any at all. It's also much more colorful, and acts more male like (in comparison to other cichlids I've owned). Many sites point out that with this species, the dominating, more colorful Bolivan is female, and the drab fish is male. But then some sites state the complete opposite. At any rate the two seem to have become paired up as they really no longer fight with each other, and more or less swim together. Only time will tell...

Bolivian Ram
    ai218.photobucket.com_albums_cc37_NoctuVide_IMG_5324.jpg

Last but not least, my L014. By far still my favorite fish that I own. I'm actually considering naming this fish, but haven't quite figured out the perfect name! lol In a side by side comparison of this photo and the one I took when I first brought it home, there's is such a significant difference. In the first photo, the fish looks almost emaciated, colors were rather dull, and just not as healthy looking. Now, this fish has put on weight, it's colors are amazing, and I would own a whole tank of these if it wasn't for the price and their eventual size! But then again, at a decent size, I'd be looking at a whole tank of $300 fish! lol

L014 Sunshine Pleco
    ai218.photobucket.com_albums_cc37_NoctuVide_IMG_5334.jpg

20. HBIC

Beautiful pics and fish, crays are amazing little buggers and grow FAST I love mine...not a marbles just a regular alleni (I am assuming alleni).