1. Welcome to Aquarium Space! We are a friendly online community for aquarium owners all over the world who love their tanks including their fish, reefs, corals, invertebrates and their aquatic livestock. If you haven't joined yet, we invite you to register and join our community!

Some new pics of my cichlids...

Discussion in 'Freshwater Aquariums & Fish Photos' started by NoctuVide, Jun 20, 2009.

1. NoctuVide

NoctuVide Thread Starter Member

Took some new pics of my Blue Neon and Christmas Fulu cichlids. Still messing around with the settings on my camera to get the best photos of them that show the most of their coloring. I'm also adding a pic of my new Jurupari. It's one of the best ones that I can get of him being that for being such a big fish, he's one big wuss lol
    IMG_0010.JPG IMG_0012.JPG IMG_0018.JPG IMG_0015.jpg

2. Anthony

Anthony Active Member

Very nice looking fish. I'm not sure what you feed them now but Dainichi Color FX would brighten them up quite a bit I bet.

3. NoctuVide

I'm deff going to have to check that out then. I use Omega one super color veggie kelp pellets. The stuff was recommended to me by one of the guys at Ned's. But the more I read about dainichi, the more I want to try it out...

4. Anthony

Anthony Active Member

That's what I always fed my cichlids and they were amazingly bright.

5. buzz4520

buzz4520 Well-Known Member

really nice looking fish!!!

6. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

Looking Great!!!

7. NoctuVide

I was checking out that website for Dainichi. For all around color enhancement, is the color supreme or color fx better? I wasn't able to get to the lfs today, but I plan on going tomorrow. If they don't have it I'll order it online. Any good sites on the net price wise for it, or do they all charge around the same amount?

8. Anthony

Anthony Active Member

I'm not sure exactly what one is better. They both have similar ingredients. FX is what I used and had nice results. The FX has Cyclop-eeze, NatuRose (Haematococcus algae) and spirulina while the Supreme has spirulina and krill.

9. NoctuVide

hmmm I'll probably get the ultima for the jurupari and the FX for the africans.

10. NoctuVide

they didn't have Dainichi, but they did have NLS so I got some of that to try. We'll see what happens with it. I'll probably order some Dainichi anyways just so I can mix up their food a little