1. Welcome to Aquarium Space! We are a friendly online community for aquarium owners all over the world who love their tanks including their fish, reefs, corals, invertebrates and their aquatic livestock. If you haven't joined yet, we invite you to register and join our community!

some new pics

Discussion in 'Freshwater Aquariums & Fish Photos' started by NoctuVide, Mar 18, 2009.

1. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

nice lil vid! Are the micro-bubbles from an airstone, or the hob?

2. NoctuVide

NoctuVide Thread Starter Member

I believe it's mainly my powerhead that causes the bubbles. I have the air just barely turned on on the powerhead (it's a marineland penguin with the little air tube that connects to the outlet on the powerhead) so that I have a good amount of surface agitation. I'm still trying to decide if I actually need the thing in the tank or not being that I'm running the tank with two hobs.

3. NoctuVide

I decided to try a slice of zucchini in the tank last night. The only one who seemed to like it though was my blue neon. While he was eating it, he was showing off his colors like crazy!
    I also got a male and female Paralabidochromis chromogynos (The pic I had posted a little while ago). Ned's had gotten them back from someone that had bought them before and for whatever reason, decided they didn't want them. Their loss, my gain. Not much for coloration yet, but like the Fulu, I'm sure the male will color up like crazy. Also, the female fulu is holding. I'm really hoping it's the male fulu's and not the blue neons, but only time will tell when she spits them out, and they grow up a bit. Also throwing in some other random shots.
    IMG_0015.jpg IMG_0036.jpg IMG_0051.jpg IMG_0045.jpg IMG_0043.jpg IMG_0061.jpg IMG_0018.jpg

4. Guidoman888

Guidoman888 New Member

Didnt respond any sooner but they look great ^^ I like the vid to :D

5. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

I like the next to the last one..I had 2 of them when I had my cichlid tank (never knew the exact name for them though).

6. NoctuVide

It's called either a Melanochromis exasperatus or Melanochromis joanjohnsonae depending on what source you go with. Females stay the same color throughout their life where as males end up changing into a blue color. There is also a cichlid that looks almost exactly like the exasperatus called a Labidochromis textilis which stay the same color, male or female, all their life.

7. NoctuVide

What amazes me the most so far is that none of the africans have bothered with my satanoperca jurupari (the Geophagus) at all. They act as if he doesn't exist at all. Same with the festivum (though he is larger than the others)

8. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

hmm..thanks for the infor. I just learned something new today!

9. NoctuVide

glad to have been of some assistance :D