1. Welcome to Aquarium Space! We are a friendly online community for aquarium owners all over the world who love their tanks including their fish, reefs, corals, invertebrates and their aquatic livestock. If you haven't joined yet, we invite you to register and join our community!

Some of my other tanks. (75g & 55g)

Discussion in 'Freshwater Aquariums & Fish Photos' started by luvfish, Sep 19, 2008.

1. luvfish

luvfish Thread Starter New Member

Well the first has to be my saltwater tank. This is a 75g FOWLR (fish only with live rock) and the fish include a lunare wrasse, yellow tang, and a mated pair of 3 stripe damsels. I also have 4 large mexican turbo snails in there that have managed to stay alive despite the wrasse! :roll:
    Horrible pic I know but you get the idea. I really need to buy a new camera but the money always seems to go towards fish stuff or god forbid, household stuff!! Please excuse the fact that I do not have a pic of the wrasse as he is unbelievably fast and very camera shy!
    1-08salt.jpg

2. trajik ink

trajik ink New Member

Re: Some of my other tanks.

nice tank...what is the peice you have right in the middle.....

3. luvfish

Next in line is the 55g with my KK blood parrot and her buddy the texas cichlid.
    Pinky and the Brain. :roll: I tried to add a pic of the whole tank but it's too big. So later on I will reduce it but for now here is a pic of Pinky and a description of her tank.
    The 55g is rather barren. With two large messy cichlids in there, I find it much easier to leave it sparse. In the tank are two large weighted fake plants. Besides Pinky's terra cotta bowl that's all that's in the tank decor wise.
    Pinkyluv.jpg

4. luvfish

Thanks! That thing in the middle is a fake coral I stuck in there. I change out my tanks alot....and at one point in this tank there was nothing but fake stuff in it! It looked cool for awhile but then I pulled most of it out. Not really seen in the pic is a fake urn type thing in the corner that the wrasse likes to curl up in, and also on the other side is another fake coral and a small barrel ornament. All of the fake pieces have been covered by green coralline algae now so they blend right in. (This pic was taken awhile ago)

5. luvfish

I wanted to post pictures here but then I will have to resize them and then really I need to take new pictures and get them up so instead I have given a link to my photobucket account. Again, some of the pics are older and the tanks have been changed around. For example, the 29g with the rainbows is still divided only now there is a minimal amount of sand on the bottom (hate sand) and the plants are now in pots. No driftwood in the tank either. So you get the idea.....

<a class="postlink" href="http://s87.photobucket.com/albums/k149/BarbaraR_2006/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://s87.photobucket.com/albums/k149/BarbaraR_2006/</a>

6. Anthony

Anthony Active Member

Your flowerhorn and rainbow cichlid are very very nice.

7. noshow discus

noshow discus New Member

do you feed your Tang romain lettuce?

8. luvfish

Thanks Anthony! :D Those rainbows are surprisingly aggressive towards each other. I had three to start with but the fighting was intense and I ended up giving one away. I tried to put one in my 30g and that was a disaster as he tore up my angel within an hour so back out he came. That's why the tank is divided...I like them both too much to give one up and really the divider thing is working out so they both stay!

No, I don't feed the tang romaine I feed her nori instead. I buy this at the grocery store in the sushi section! Much cheaper that way! ;) But she also eats pellets, flake, raw clams, and raw shrimp. She is btw, my oldest fish at 9 yrs.
    Pinky my blood parrot is second in line. She will be 9 yrs with me in December. And don't tell her, but Pinky is my favorite fish of them all! ;)