1. Welcome to Aquarium Space! We are a friendly online community for aquarium owners all over the world who love their tanks including their fish, reefs, corals, invertebrates and their aquatic livestock. If you haven't joined yet, we invite you to register and join our community!

Some of our projects

Discussion in 'Freshwater Aquariums & Fish Photos' started by Monster Rays Inc, May 28, 2010.

1. WhiteGloveAquatics

WhiteGloveAquatics New Member

aye, tis a nice place to kick off the shoes and share some stink,eh?

2. Monster Rays Inc

Monster Rays Inc Thread Starter New Member

deff a nice place whats up steve your here too? good to see that i know some people

3. stevenrox

stevenrox New Member

haha yup this was the first site i ever joined!!!! and the most friendly/welcoming here!!

4. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

hey steve, you're still alive!
    where in the world have you been hiding? and what did you do to our Guido? :)

I agree, the rays are soo nice! But blocking the ac is a crime. :)

5. stevenrox

stevenrox New Member

Of course I'm still alive!!! I drowned in school not in my fish tank!!! I was going to post updates a few days back but pics wouldn't work so i gave up :rolleyes: !!! and as for guido.....I feed him to my fishes :)

6. HBIC

HBIC Need help??? That's what we're here for :)

Been a member of the "M"s daughter site "AC" for many years as well as a member of the "M" for going on 2 now and have had nothing but positive experiences, considering "AC" has over 100,000 active members they must be doing something right, but to each his own :)

7. buzz4520

buzz4520 Well-Known Member

very nice looking rays...i showed your pics to my 6yr old son and he just loves them and of course he wants some. lol .

8. WhiteGloveAquatics

Cant blame the kid, heck I want some but even my 210 is small for those guys.

9. nossie

nossie Member

I can't understand why I didn't look at this thread before! It's most awesome. And a load of lovely tanks!
    Them stingrays are so cool! One of them looked like it had writing on it, and another one looked like it was wearing a fowery dress. I'm amazed, in short! :D Post more, post MORE!

10. Monster Rays Inc

Monster Rays Inc Thread Starter New Member

i will im taking in an iported order on monday morning at 3:55am from jfk airport i will most deff take some more pics of all we have ill also try to post up some henlei females we have thanks for the love people its really nice to get that after all the hard work its most deff worth it to me .... and i dont blame the kid either they look like candy lolololololol

11. James0816

James0816 New Member

The Henlei 's are just gorgeous. I need to stop taking my sweet time on my tank and get it done so I can get my rays!!! Grrrrrrr! That's the problem when your building a ]v[onster tank in a rec room (and the rec room itself I might add) at the same time. ;)

12. WhiteGloveAquatics

Thats a pain. I thought my basement was done(where I keep my tanks on 12" of solid concrete) but I was wrong, I gotta figure out how to mud and sand and paint with two open top tanks and two open top sumps in the general area.

Good luck on the build, what size is it going to be? I just finished a 210 discus tank.

13. James0816

James0816 New Member

I can definately see that as being a pain. One thing I have going for me is that I am building it all at one time. Since the tank is being built into the wall I can coincide the tank build with the build out of the wall. The fiberglassing will of course be the fun part. ;o)

Tank will have an approximate footprint of 10'x3'x2'. Kinda small at just over 400g but will work out just fine.

14. WhiteGloveAquatics

Nice and WIIIDDDEEEEE.

Thats good that you are putting it in the wall but glassin is eeeeeeeeeeaaaaaassssssssyyyyyyyyy, start practicing the resin/catalyst mix now. I used to make race car body parts and interior pieces out of spray and mat fiberglass/carbon fiber. Get a really good mask, dont go cheap.

I am going to use that thick plastic roll stuff for blocking off rooms during demolition ect to cover the tops and use electrical tape to seal it down. an hour of work for maybe 30 minutes of sanding and painting.

I showed my wife the 'rays and she looked at them with enthusiasm so MAYBE that 500g isnt out of reach after all. cement and plywood build!

15. FishVixen

FishVixen Active Member

10x3x2 you got my vote. When your done I'm in Richmond, you can build one for me. LOL

16. James0816

James0816 New Member

Well ifn you're in Richmond...you could always come up here and help. :eek:)

17. FishVixen

FishVixen Active Member

and break a nail! LOL Actual I wish I could.