1. Welcome to Aquarium Space! We are a friendly online community for aquarium owners all over the world who love their tanks including their fish, reefs, corals, invertebrates and their aquatic livestock. If you haven't joined yet, we invite you to register and join our community!

South American Cichlid Tank Keeper

Discussion in 'Freshwater Aquariums & Fish Photos' started by SyncereOne, Nov 6, 2008.

1. SyncereOne

SyncereOne Thread Starter New Member

My name is SyncereOne, Syn for short, and I am a fishkeeper, not a fish haver from Chesterfield Virginia. As of right now, the only tanks I have is a 55G and a 75G, and now in my fish keeping career I am into South American Cichlids. In the 55G I have a small Flowerhorn, and in the 75G I have 1 8" JD, 2 5" FM's, 1 platinum convict and one fish which I purchased as a electric blue convict(hybrid) but it looking more and more like a HRP. Here is a picture of my 75G tank.

aimg213.imageshack.us_img213_2886_aarontankky5.jpg

My decor tastes are towards the more natural looks, as you can see from my tanks, I prefer driftwood, lacerock, and river rock or sand substrates. I have raised many fish over the past 10 years, including most community fish including Angels and tetras, cories, SAE's, and I had a short stint in Discus. Right now I love the simplicity of SA cichlids.

Thanks!

2. LemonDiscus

LemonDiscus Active Member

Welcome. I am a Richmonder as well. Nice tanks, I like the natural look too!

3. Anthony

Anthony Active Member

Welcome to the forum. I love the first two pictures you posted. The tank is very pretty.

4. trajik ink

trajik ink New Member

welcome to the site....i like the tanks as well as the natural look too.

5. SyncereOne

SyncereOne Thread Starter New Member

Thanks guys....

6. YellowCichlid

YellowCichlid New Member

Welcome I love your tanks

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Top Poster Of Month

nice tanks

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest