1. Welcome to Aquarium Space! We are a friendly online community for aquarium owners all over the world who love their tanks including their fish, reefs, corals, invertebrates and their aquatic livestock. If you haven't joined yet, we invite you to register and join our community!

sparkling gouramis

Discussion in 'Freshwater Aquariums & Fish Photos' started by drazzill, Apr 5, 2009.

1. drazzill

drazzill Thread Starter New Member

my sparklings, love the new camera, hope you all aren't bored with my ocd and pic taking w/ new camera lol
    sparkling gouramis.JPG sparkling gourami.JPG Rasbora vaterifloris.JPG

2. NoctuVide

NoctuVide Member

nice fish! I love how different those type of gouramis look. My girlfriend and I have a pearl, paradise, sunset, honey, and "giant" gourami all in the different tanks we have. I really haven't figured out why the giant gourami is called such, due to the fact that the type I have get's no where near the size of a true giant gourami, more around the size of our pearl.

3. drazzill

gouramis are a neat fish, when i was a kid , my dad and i used to breed the kissers, they get quite large, almost eating size lol

4. NoctuVide

NoctuVide Member

Yeah, I never realized kissers got really big until I saw them in a large tank at a lfs. I remember being a kid and my dad got me a couple for my little tank....the things people didn't know about fish back then (at least in my dad's case) lol

5. drazzill

lol,i hear ya

6. werdo

werdo Member

i have a cuple of snake skins they dont have alot of color but they r neet i saw them kising the other day! it was kool

7. NoctuVide

NoctuVide Member

snakeskins also get quite large, around 8" in aquariums. Very nice looking gouramis though! With Gouramis, kissing is usually a territorial dispute or a display of dominance, not a sign of affection lol

8. Guidoman888

Guidoman888 New Member

Yeah. Fish arent as intim as we humans are :) But nice gouramis draz

9. werdo

werdo Member

lol ya i redid my tank and they started kissn when i was done didnt last long but hey r all doing good today

10. Guidoman888

Guidoman888 New Member

I think they were just setting off their terretories (spellcheck it plz xD ) because of the re-shaping

11. werdo

werdo Member

ya they both hang out together if u look at my collection u will c a pic of the 2 hanging with eachother