1. Welcome to Aquarium Space! We are a friendly online community for aquarium owners all over the world who love their tanks including their fish, reefs, corals, invertebrates and their aquatic livestock. If you haven't joined yet, we invite you to register and join our community!

spots on glass

Discussion in 'Freshwater General Discussion' started by WarthogWilly, Sep 4, 2009.

1. WarthogWilly

WarthogWilly Thread Starter New Member

im getting all these greeinsh yellow circle spots on my glass, some kind of algae????? how do I get this stuff off???

2. cooltow1

cooltow1 Member

razor blade (if you have a glass aquarium)

Rick

3. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

4. WarthogWilly

also i have another question, you can read my signature to see my tank mates, i currently feed them 2 times a day, flakes at both feedings and freeze dried bloodworms at there night feeding(which they love), 1 algae tablet every other day as well for the loach and the cory, what else can I give my fish??? the loach and cory and shrimp are the only bottom feeders, the rest are pretty much jumping out of the water, I just feel they need more nutrients than the flakes......and occational bloodworms, i bought some sinking shrimp pellets, they pick at them on the way down, then when the pellets hit the bottom they basically crumble and the fish sorta suck up the loose pellet matter and just spit it back out, so I gave up using them. I also got some kinda freeze dried worm cubes that are supposed to be smeared on your glass, they didnt even taste that stuff, so are there any suggestions that you guys feel I could also use.......maybe I could alternate with the bloodworms, any suggestions appreciated!

5. angelLuver

angelLuver New Member

my fish love eartworm flakes

6. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

sounds like your doing well.
    I Alternate Frozen Bloodworms, Frozen spirulina/Baby Brine and Live Brine Shrimp, TetraMin Tropical Flake, Hikari Algae Wafers, and currently just added San Francisco Bay Freshwater variety pack & Freshwater Frenzy.

-->I highly recommend the Hikari Frozen Bloodworms and the San Franciso Bay Freshwater Frenzy (which is a combo and actually has some bloodworms in it) ;)

-->Frozen Daphnia and Mysis (tried, but they don't eat nearly as fast as the rest) [scratch] Didn't appear that they truly liked it. Also have done the shrimp and no one liked it besides picking at and spitting back out.

all of which can be seen here (but Petsmart & Petco do carry these also)
    <a class="postlink" href="http://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/pet_supplies.cfm?c=3578+7927" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/p ... =3578+7927</a>

7. WarthogWilly

i picked up some sanfransico frenzy cubes, there in the freezer right now, im going to try one later when they are hungry, they look good though, I also picked up 3 female guppys and 1 male guppy now my tank is full and good to go, they add alot of nice color to the tank......

8. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

watch with them and the tiger barbs...if you start finding problems with your livebearers.
    I had them before and always found them to be on the aggressive side...especially when the livebearers give birth.

*crosses fingers that you'll have better luck with the tigers*

9. WarthogWilly

ok thanks for the heads up, they all seem to get along perfect right now, and since the entire floor of my tank is cave systems, and half my tank is thick narly plants, they have tons of spots to hide, my ghost shrimp i see like 3 times a week, not because there clear(i have black bottom) but because of the insane hiding spots, so im not to worried but i will watch them

10. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

and you need to give the cory some buddies...add 2 more for him. Lol!
    love to see some current picts when and if you can :)

11. WarthogWilly

I know i feel bad for him, him and the loach are good buddies though so thats good, believe me its weird seeing them 2 cruising around together, they dont exactaly fit together well, I think my tank has easily met its stocking limit, there are alot of fish in there for a 30 gal, I keep my levels good, and they all are very healthy and happy, but it takes alot of work to keep it that way, 2 water changes per week, among other things, but i may just have to drop 2 more little corys in there, well see in a few week how everythings going...

12. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

yea, i'd defin agree with a 30g being overstocked with the list your showing..heck..the clown loach alone is suggested to be in larger waters
    --thinking the upgrade will be needed soon-- Lol!

13. WarthogWilly

as long as they stay as peaceful and happy as they are im leaving them alone, water perameters check out perfect, its just a bit more work in frequent water changes and time invested, which im fine with, they all get alonbg so well and the loach fits in perfect with all them, eventually i will get one of my freebie 55 gal set up i got off CL, but i just bought a house, so it will be a few months until any changes are made, I dont think my tank could be running any more perfect at this time.

14. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

good to hear, with the more frequent waterchanges it will defin. help you out a bunch.