1. Welcome to Aquarium Space! We are a friendly online community for aquarium owners all over the world who love their tanks including their fish, reefs, corals, invertebrates and their aquatic livestock. If you haven't joined yet, we invite you to register and join our community!

Staghorn Algae--How to deal with it without killing plants?

Discussion in 'Aquatic Plants & Planted Tanks' started by MasterBlue, Mar 16, 2010.

1. MasterBlue

MasterBlue Thread Starter Active Member

So, a while back I had some plants that were really close together, that on top of poor circulation caused some staghorn algae to grow on them. I killed majority of my plants and worked at tending to the bits that seemed to have escaped this mess...

A year later, I haven't had much problems with it, till I noticed some on a snail's shell! First of all, this gives me a awful, but kinda cool problem. While the Algae looks neat on the shell, it's started to spread to my Sunken wood. In order to kill the algae, I simply need to remove the log, but then my entire stock of Java Moss dies with it... The snails are snails that suffered from a calcium deficiency, which I have made progress on the younger snails to keep them from this fate, and that's the areas that the Algae have clung to.

Any suggestions?

2. Anthony

Anthony Active Member

3. MasterBlue

MasterBlue Thread Starter Active Member

Re: Staghorn Algae--How to deal with it without killing plan

OK. Thanx =3