1. Welcome to Aquarium Space! We are a friendly online community for aquarium owners all over the world who love their tanks including their fish, reefs, corals, invertebrates and their aquatic livestock. If you haven't joined yet, we invite you to register and join our community!

SW fish in Springfield MA

Discussion in 'Trading Post' started by Anonymous, Sep 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Thread Starter Guest

Top Poster Of Month

I've seen this posting on craigslist many times so I guess they aren't getting much luck. Both of those fish get way too big for that small tank, maybe someone on here can save them.

<a class="postlink" href="http://hartford.craigslist.org/pet/839495522.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://hartford.craigslist.org/pet/839495522.html</a>

2. trajik ink

trajik ink New Member

i wish i could save them but my fish and corals are not compatible with them....you see the tank they're in??? that sucks for them.....why buy a fish that's going to outgrow the tank you have to begin with???/

3. Anonymous

Top Poster Of Month

That sucks for the fish, I hope that these people didnt buy them with false information from an uninformed chain store employee.

4. trajik ink

trajik ink New Member

that's a good point....i make it a habit to check through the net if i'm interested in a certain fish....then i go shopping. i also ask the employees questions to see if they know what they're talking about......i know someone with a sw tank that believes everything a sales person tells them.....you know what there's a reason why they call them a salesperson "there trying to make a sale".....that's reality.....don'tget me wrong there's plenty of ppl that are willing to tell you things straight out and i appreciate every one of them...

5. Anonymous

Top Poster Of Month

I agree Will, its always a good thing to read everything you can find about a fish before you buy it. I also like to go into petco/smart etc and give the guys in there a little quiz just to see what they are being told. But I cannot blame a 20 something petco/smart employee who is just to make a few bucks to know everything about every single fish in the place. I just wish that the info strip was more accurate, to combat the employees lack of fish-nerddom, lol.

6. crazhrse

crazhrse New Member

but then again it don't take a brain scientist to know when a fish is dead and molded and the convicts have no fins what so ever like they do at our local petco, petsmart here has alway's impressed me with their fish but the people are not that smart, cause when i bought my midas from there i ask if i could put him in with guppy's and she said "oh sure they will be fine as long as you have a 20 gallon or larger tank"
    :)

7. trajik ink

trajik ink New Member

see that's the type of $hit i'm talking about....

8. Anonymous

Top Poster Of Month

Our Petco is the exception, that one guy that works there looks like he has malawi bloat with his skinny arms and legs and pot belly.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.