1. Welcome to Aquarium Space! We are a friendly online community for aquarium owners all over the world who love their tanks including their fish, reefs, corals, invertebrates and their aquatic livestock. If you haven't joined yet, we invite you to register and join our community!

tank placement with question about how to run plugs/adapters

Discussion in 'Aquarium Equipment & Decor' started by Leslie, Aug 19, 2008.

1. LemonDiscus

LemonDiscus Active Member

Re: Tank Placement

On a plus note, if I were to break it down, I would have the chance to turn the tank around and paint what is now the front and use it for the back. I put black plastic on the back not knowing if I would like the black background and I know now I can do it as permanent.

2. Anthony

Anthony Active Member

Maybe that feng shui site has a way to feng shui aquariums. :)

3. Guidoman888

Guidoman888 New Member

I'd have no clue,, maybe just dont move so you can still have your fish in your living room xD? Nah,, the only thing i can think of is exactly the same as anthony said,, you might have some trouble with this,, I wish thy luck my friend :3

4. LemonDiscus

LOL I actually read about them. They say to put in 6 Goldfish and 1 Black Goldfish :)

My wife is a bit nuts sometimes.... hey thats why I love her though.... the "Get rid of the tanks" part I can do without! :roll:

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Top Poster Of Month

Inviting friends over for a dinner is the best solution so far :D

6. LemonDiscus

Well as I mentioned, I am going to break my tank down this weekend to rid the algae from it. One STRONG concideration when I do this is to just drain it down, rinse my sand, turn the tank around (I have tons of scratches on what is now the front), paint the back black , move it across the room and refill it.

It seems logical to do this all at one time sense I already will have the tank almost down.... just a matter of snagging another tank for a bit to move the Discus and the other livestock to while I do this.... and I do have my 55 upstairs that I just need to set to the correct temp and PH and take a filter and my heaters upstairs to add to it.... so if this job does take the entire weekend at least they have a temporary home!

Just to get the ambition to do such a HUGE project :confused:

Time to invite the neighbors over for dinner :)

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Top Poster Of Month

They have these plastic strips for moving furniture around on, they are only 1/8" thick or so and work really well, you could also try and use cardboard since you said it is on carpet. Then if you do have to lift it you dont have to go that high. Just some thoughts.

8. LemonDiscus

Thanks, I actually did "invite some friends over for dinner" and moved the tank already this past weekend. I drained it out and moved the like 500lbs of tank, sand and stand with another guy and his friend. We "walked" it across the floor taking turns lifting our half and it worked quite well.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Top Poster Of Month

Yeah I was a tad late on my suggestions heh.

10. Guidoman888

Guidoman888 New Member

Haha great job,, Must've been a long ''dinner'' :)

11. bellsly

bellsly New Member

Re: Tank Placement (Information, Questions, Suggestions)

Just make sure you keep it out of direct sunlight unless you want a army of pleco's