1. Welcome to Aquarium Space! We are a friendly online community for aquarium owners all over the world who love their tanks including their fish, reefs, corals, invertebrates and their aquatic livestock. If you haven't joined yet, we invite you to register and join our community!

Tetra AquaSafe with BioExtract

Discussion in 'Product Reviews' started by Anthony, Mar 16, 2009.

1. Anthony

Anthony Thread Starter Active Member

I picked up a bottle of this today looking for an alternative to Prime. When I asked Seachem about the ingredients I was told it should be fine to use with Purigen.

I dumped some in the tank just to test it. My initial though was "Wow, that's thick.". It's not as thin as Prime is which is basically like water, it's more of a gel consistency. I assume that's from the aloe it uses as it's slime coat.

Another thing that interested me in this product was the "BioExtract". Whether or not it really does anything, I don't know.
    tetra.jpg

2. LemonDiscus

LemonDiscus Active Member

I used to use this before Prime.... does not have the same benefits Prime does!

3. Anthony

Such as ?

4. LemonDiscus

Removing Ammonia, Nitrates Nitrites etc.... it seems to be just a basic de-chlorinator

5. LemonDiscus

It is good.... I prefer Prime though now.... sorry you got me hooked on that!

6. Anthony

True. I'm mainly looking for an alternative product to remove the chlorine after regenerating the Purigen.

If you need something to remove ammonia, nitrates and nitrites Prime is the way to go. ;)

7. LemonDiscus

Agreed and if I am not mistaken the Tetra Aquasafe is a bit cheaper! So good stuff to use if you dont need prime...

8. Anthony

Yep, and if the BioExtract actually does something it's a bonus ! :)

9. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

I used this before (I believe when I did they didn't have the With BioExtract listed on it though).

Never had any problems with it as far as tank issues I'd directly relate to the product.

I still like the prime as I feel it requires less and the liquid is thinner (thought I could do without the sulfur like odor from the Prime).