1. Welcome to Aquarium Space! We are a friendly online community for aquarium owners all over the world who love their tanks including their fish, reefs, corals, invertebrates and their aquatic livestock. If you haven't joined yet, we invite you to register and join our community!

Tetra Ick Guard

Discussion in 'Product Reviews' started by Anthony, Oct 24, 2010.

1. Anthony

Anthony Thread Starter Active Member

This is the very first product I ever used for ich treatment. Normally I only do the heat method which I have had no problems with in the past. This past time when I purchased a couple plecos with ich the heat method was stressing out the Swordtails in the tank. PetSmart had this along with a few other treatments but this one was the cheapest so I wanted to give it a try first before spending $10.00 for one treatment. I paid about $3 something for a box of 8 tablets. One tablet treats 10 gallons of water.

I added the tablets in the evening and left the tank temp at 86 for the night/next day. By the next morning the ich on the pleco was gone. It says to dose the tank every 24 hours until it clears. I did a half dose the next day just to be safe. It suggests a half dose for scaleless fish but I had no problem doing a full dose the first time.

Even today, when introducing new fish I dropped in a full dose just to be safe. The new fish did come from PetSmart keep in mind. LoL

Overall I would recommend this treatment if you cannot do the heat and or salt treatment.

2. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

Thought I'd add this for ya!
    TETRA ICK GUARD

Product Description:
    Product Ingredients & Dosage:
    A Link to the actual Product --> http://www.petguys.com/-046798773470.ht ... elid=FROOG
    Tetra Ick Guard.jpg

3. Anthony

Anthony Thread Starter Active Member

Thanks. I was going to but got distracted with everything that was going on around the house. LoL

4. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

No problemo!

Ps. Thanks for the review, always good to know about cheaper products on the market that can do the same/if not better than similar overpriced ones!