1. Welcome to Aquarium Space! We are a friendly online community for aquarium owners all over the world who love their tanks including their fish, reefs, corals, invertebrates and their aquatic livestock. If you haven't joined yet, we invite you to register and join our community!

That Pet Place

Discussion in 'Product Reviews' started by Leslie, Jul 31, 2008.

1. Leslie

Leslie Thread Starter New Member

That Pet Place
    Website>http://www.thatpetplace.com/pet/index.web

I found a place online and didnt know if anyone has ever bought from them. there plants are cheap and there shipping is not alot either. it is call thepetplace.com. let me know before i buy some plants and other stuff.

2. Anthony

Anthony Active Member

Do you mean <a class="postlink" href="http://www.thatpetplace.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.thatpetplace.com</a> ?

3. Leslie

yeah. i thought it said the. but have you ever bought from them?

4. Anthony

Anthony Active Member

I haven't but I do know some people that have. They haven't had any problems that I know of.

5. YellowCichlid

YellowCichlid New Member

I purchased from them before without any problems

6. Leslie

well they had some stuff i want to get. so thanks. did you buy fish from them also??

7. YellowCichlid

YellowCichlid New Member

No I would never buy fish from places like that. I have heard of people receiving dead and sick fish far too often from places like liveaquaria.com and others

8. Leslie

ok. well i was going to get some plants anyways. i wish i had a free shipping code so i could buy more plants. i like the prices oftha plants so we will see what happens.

9. YellowCichlid

YellowCichlid New Member

I haven't been able to find any

10. Leslie

does anyone else know of a place that has plants? i am looking fo some mossy stuff and they still dont have it.

11. noshow discus

noshow discus New Member

believe it or not < i hate to say it> but ebay has alot of plants
    at good prices.

12. eeyipes

eeyipes New Member

I have some peacock moss, it grows very well even in lower light, low tech tanks and is nicer looking than java moss. I could send you a small starter portion for shipping costs. Pm me if interested. If you'd like to wait a week or so, I could also send some guppy grass as well. Warning: I have snails and can't guarantee the eggs won't hitchhike along. ;)

13. eeyipes

eeyipes New Member

This is true, I've gotten java ferns and anubias from ebay. Just be prepared for a little wait to get them - often they come from malaysia or some other far off place. But despite the 2 week shipping times, the plants I received still came through healthy and I was happy enough with them.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Top Poster Of Month

WHen buying on eBay look for the sellers that have their location listed as United States

15. Leslie

i looked on ebay,but i dont wanna pay 4 for a plant then 4 for shipping and handling.

16. eeyipes

eeyipes New Member

The best way is to find a seller that offers several different items you want, and is willing to combine shipping for you. And remember, many times shipping is $4-6 because they are sending the plants USPS Priority mail so you get them quicker, and hopefully healthier. Plants usually come wrapped in moist paper towels and plastic bagged to help keep them wet. Fragile plants may be sent in an air filled baggie with packing peanuts to keep them from getting crushed. So there is often some packaging work involved in getting them to you safely.

There is a malaysian seller who sometimes offers free shipping on items on ebay, although it takes a while to get them. The plants I've gotten from them were healthy but slightly damaged, but bounced back quickly.

17. Dox13

Dox13 Member

I have bought water sprite on aquabid before and it has been really nice. There is a new Petco here and they carry some good plants. I bought some Java Fern from them and they are growing really nice. The new petsmart here has some good watersprite. On aquabid if you are a new customer sometimes they will send you extra which is nice. It all depends on who is selling it and who you buy from.

18. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

I've purchased from them before, never plants though.
    They shipped fast from what I remember and everything arrived ;)

19. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

ps. Aquariumplants.com has a great selection as does azgardens

20. davidb173

davidb173 New Member

I have been to their store in Lancaster PA.It is a nice place.I have never ordered livestock but have gotten quite a bit of dry goods from them.Great service.There is a website called AquaBid.com that has good prices on livestock and plants.You just have to shop around the site for the best prices.Some even offer free shipping.