1. Welcome to Aquarium Space! We are a friendly online community for aquarium owners all over the world who love their tanks including their fish, reefs, corals, invertebrates and their aquatic livestock. If you haven't joined yet, we invite you to register and join our community!

The case of the disappearing pleco.

Discussion in 'Freshwater General Discussion' started by wimberlyt, May 1, 2009.

1. wimberlyt

wimberlyt Thread Starter New Member

The case of the disappearing pleco.
    The weirdest thing happened. I hadn't noticed my pleco for a couple of days and when I looked for him, I couldn't find him. I looked everywhere in the tank and he is nowhere to be found! I'm wondering if he jumped out and the dog or cat ate him. I don't have a full hood on the 55 gallon tank he was in. Any Ideas?

2. Anthony

Anthony Active Member

It's possible he jumped out, yes.

3. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

Yep, coulda went a-wall on ya. That or he could be hiding in decor...you'd be amazed where those buggers can squeeze into!

4. Guidoman888

Guidoman888 New Member

I have the same porblem with my áncistrus I rarely see them but there tiny lil buggers and they cant bump the hood out to escape

5. LemonDiscus

LemonDiscus Active Member

Dont look in areas on the floor under objects.... I mean do.... or follow the stink and if he did jump out, you will find him.

Hope he just found a great spot to hide in the tank.

6. Aironia

Aironia New Member

oh my gosh this sorta happened to Me today. I get up and start to go around turning tank lights on and feedings, i get to my beta bowl and its empty!!
    I looked under each rock, on the floor, the counter...everywhere. Ive never had a beta jump out before, this common?

7. stevenrox

stevenrox New Member

same this happeded to my tetras and tinfoil barbs it had lid didnt have dog back then moved the whole tank and no body...

8. Guidoman888

Guidoman888 New Member

Bettas jump out often i believe oyu'll need a good cover for em