1. Welcome to Aquarium Space! We are a friendly online community for aquarium owners all over the world who love their tanks including their fish, reefs, corals, invertebrates and their aquatic livestock. If you haven't joined yet, we invite you to register and join our community!

The Jungle Tanks

Discussion in 'Freshwater Aquariums & Fish Photos' started by James0816, Jul 1, 2009.

1. James0816

James0816 Thread Starter New Member

Snapped a some shots of the jungle tanks. I didn't bother with the tri-pod on these so they aren't the best quality.

20H: I had already went through this tank prior. This is the result after pulling the mass of stuff. I replanted quite a bit of it so it wouldn't go to waste. Alot of this stuff will be in a soon to be released plant package...actually two. To give you an idea of how bad this tank got, from the center all the way to right was entirely one big green mass!
    ai735.photobucket.com_albums_ww357_James0816_JungleTanks_P7010344.jpg

10G: Betta tank. Yes folks...there is one very beautiful blue Betta in this tank. Can you find him? Tons of duckweed in here. Soon to be gone.
    ai735.photobucket.com_albums_ww357_James0816_JungleTanks_P7010345.jpg

20L: Future Kuhli tank. Currently has three Oto's and Ghost shrimp. There are two Oto's that have paired up in this tank but no eggs or wigglers have been found. Tons of duckweed in here. Soon to be gone. Free Oto if you find a ghost shrimp. Two if you find a baby! jk
    ai735.photobucket.com_albums_ww357_James0816_JungleTanks_P7010346.jpg

10g: The Oto Tank. No description needed here. See The Oto Journal for details:
    ai735.photobucket.com_albums_ww357_James0816_JungleTanks_P7010350.jpg

All of these still have a ton of stuff floating on the surface. From duckweed to assorted stems even two different kinds of ricca.

I'll get em back eventually. Takes time.

2. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

Wow. that would soo drive me nuts (being that packed)..hence the reason I opted to remove the cabomba.

3. Guidoman888

Guidoman888 New Member

The oto tank actually looks really nice!, And yep you have bigger jungles then dawn has in her tank :)

4. James0816

All I can say is.....What a mess! I'll have a ton of clippings to offer up this weekend that's for sure. ;)

5. stevenrox

stevenrox New Member

i dont know why but im attraccted to very densly packed tanks xD

6. Guidoman888

Guidoman888 New Member

I found the betta :) Is he in the top right corner ?

7. Aironia

Aironia New Member

If i was a fish, id like them all.

8. James0816

Maybe except Yakamouri (betta). He doesn't have much swim room (or feeding room for that matter with the duckweed). Hoping to find time this weekend to get to the other two tanks and at least get some work done on them.

9. James0816

Pretty got the Oto tank taken care of. Need to add back a couple of plants but here is the updated shot of it. A majority of the floating items have been removed...duckweed and various stems. The light now shines like it used to.

ai735.photobucket.com_albums_ww357_James0816_BabyOtoCats_home_0715.jpg

10. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

Looking good james! Looking good :)