1. Welcome to Aquarium Space! We are a friendly online community for aquarium owners all over the world who love their tanks including their fish, reefs, corals, invertebrates and their aquatic livestock. If you haven't joined yet, we invite you to register and join our community!

The life of my betta fish.....A sad story

Discussion in 'Freshwater General Discussion' started by Anonymous, Aug 27, 2008.

1. Anonymous

Anonymous Thread Starter Guest

Top Poster Of Month

The life of my betta fish.....A sad story
    Betta Fish #1
    I named him dewey and he was my first fish.I had for 3 weeks until easter morning whe i woke up and he disapeared.I searched the floor and the gravel, he wasnt there.I think my old dog ate him.

Betta Fish #2
    My mom named him phantom and he was the fist tropical fish in my fish tank.He was living with 2 comet goldfish.2 days later i bought my tropical fish 2 gouramis,2 swordtails,2 mollies and a pleco.Phantom saw the new fish and freaked out by attacking every fish exept the pleco and goldfish.He had a half a tank and no fish would go near him.One day phantom was dying and evry fish in my tank attacked like a school of pirhannas there was blood evreywhere.Then that was the end of phantom

Betta Fish #3
    I wanted another betta so i bought a betta bowl for him.He would sit around sad looking and then i wanted to see maybe my fish just diddnt like phantom.I put beeta 3 in there and he swam happly and freely until the pirhanna tropical community fish came and that was that.

So what happened to dewey?Why did my fish attack?This is a mystery that shall never be solved.Note to everyone gouramis and bettas is a no no!!!

2. Anthony

Anthony Active Member

Well, with "Phantom" I'm sure stress got to him and caused him to be weak and then the other fish attacked and killed him.

3. Anonymous

Top Poster Of Month

i might try now with the big gourami gone and the others died

4. Anthony

Anthony Active Member

You don't seem to have good luck with fish...

5. YellowCichlid

YellowCichlid New Member

How many fish have died in total

6. eeyipes

eeyipes New Member

Put the next betta in a 5 gallon all by himself and he will be very happy. Name him after the old dog that ate the first one in honor of all you have learned not to do with your fish. What was the dog's name?

7. Anonymous

Top Poster Of Month

1 pacu
    2 danios
    2 plecos
    2 swordtails
    1 mollies
    20 goldfish (ich got to them when i started fish keeping)

8. caronsd

caronsd New Member

geeze you've lost a lot of fish. I've only lost a pleco, an angel, and two tetras. The pleco was eaten by the oscar, the angel was injured and dying when I recieved him, I attempted to save him from a bad situation with no luck but i did manage to save his friend, and the tetras attacked each other...

9. Anthony

Anthony Active Member

And 3 bettas... :eek:

10. Anonymous

Top Poster Of Month

give the fish a break my friend put some hampsters in those tanks haha

11. Dox13

Dox13 Member

You need to read and find out what fish can live with each other. I hope you next betta you will put in a tank all by itself. Do you use conditioners in your tank?

12. trajik ink

trajik ink New Member

i think bettas do best on their own.....

13. eeyipes

eeyipes New Member

They can be good tank mates, but it depends on the personality of the individual betta. Plus you have to choose your tankmates very carefully and do your research.