1. Welcome to Aquarium Space! We are a friendly online community for aquarium owners all over the world who love their tanks including their fish, reefs, corals, invertebrates and their aquatic livestock. If you haven't joined yet, we invite you to register and join our community!

Things You Should Know About DISCUS

Discussion in 'Discus' started by MOD_Dawn, Jul 12, 2009.

1. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Thread Starter Active Member

I've tried it, but mine just didn't seem to really aggressively eat it...moreso wasted the majority of it.
    the bloodworms they race to the top of the tank for (splashing me in the process) and completely destroy it.

I know fosters and smith has it (ordering online), but I recall the shipping being a killer since it's frozen food.

2. WhiteGloveAquatics

WhiteGloveAquatics New Member

The dont eat it at all even after you stop watching them? mine eat off the gravel all the time especially their beefheart

3. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Thread Starter Active Member

nope, they'll take the intial peck...let it scatter to the bottom...and their it lays until I net it out.
    I even tried talking the food up to them...telling them that this stuff was supposed to be the steak and sweet potato of the fish world and they should be honored at being fed this stuff...and they just waited at the top as if to say where's the gosh darn bloodworms cuz we ain't eating this :)

4. WhiteGloveAquatics

WhiteGloveAquatics New Member

Try thawing it down a smidge and mixing Bloodworms in with it then refreeze(as long as its not fully thawed its safe), I had to do this to get mine that didnt eat the BFmix before and now they readily eat it, infact it gets a wee bit aggressive when they eat now.

I go thru a pound of the BH mix and a pound of BW's a week now(business week)