1. Welcome to Aquarium Space! We are a friendly online community for aquarium owners all over the world who love their tanks including their fish, reefs, corals, invertebrates and their aquatic livestock. If you haven't joined yet, we invite you to register and join our community!

Endler's Tiger Endlers...just got! WHOOT!

Discussion in 'Livebearer Fish' started by Penycat, Aug 3, 2009.

1. Penycat

Penycat Thread Starter New Member

I don't have pics yet, but soon as I get my camera back I'll work on getting some. But my lfs ordered some for my local aquatic group and they are awesome! I've got a trio now and ready for some fry:) [nemo]

2. Anthony

Anthony Active Member

Congrats ! ;)

3. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

I'd like to see a photo...never seen tiger endlers?

4. Penycat

I'llbe getting my camera back on Fri, so hopefully Fri night I can spend taking pics

5. buzz4520

buzz4520 Well-Known Member

congrats on your new fish...hope they give you lots of fry :cool:

6. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

ok. cool ;)

7. Penycat

update on these...it's actually disappointing. I've had so many fry that I had to move them into a 55g they were going so strong, only problem is one of the females wasn't a tiger endler and I never did figure out which one it was. SO my tank started looking very weird with all different colored fish. I've got tiger males (the yellow and black) I've got regular wild looking endler males that I separate every time I see one. and now I'm getting gold colored bodied fish, both m and f that end up being a cross between the 2. Kind of cool, but not what I wanted. I've since gotten some pure tiger females and tried to get as close to tiger males out of mine that I could to put together, so we'll see what happens. The hybrids are pretty, but not anything what I was looking for darn it all.

8. MasterBlue

MasterBlue Active Member

That is a bummer... Sorry to hear that!
    I've gotten a tank FULL of true Tiger Endlers. Not the best of quality, but they breed true.
    post some images, won't you?
    I'm interested in seeing some of these hybrids =3

9. Penycat

I'm going to be working the next few days on getting them separated. the males from the females and the light bodied from the rest just to see what's going on here, I'll work on pics as I'm doing that:)

10. MasterBlue

MasterBlue Active Member

I can sell you some of my females, since I know mine are all true breeding. Help you establish some true breeding pairs? (I'll trade for them too, lol)

11. Penycat

that would be awesome actually...once I get things all separated, I would love to have more females that I know will do what they are suppose to...lol

12. MasterBlue

MasterBlue Active Member

^^ sweet
    PM me when your ready and we can work out the details =P

And get some images up already, lol! I wanna see these oddball fish!
    (I would be interested in a trade more than likely)

Also, an image of your tiger males would be nice, to make sure we have the same tiger endlers. I wouldn't want to give you more problems, lol

13. Penycat

Alright, I'm starting to get them separated finally! OY there's a lot of fish! there's too many females and fry for the 30 that I was going to put them in, so I think they'll stay in the 55g and I'll just keep weeding through them as the fry grow to get the males out. BUT! the males! wow! I was upset at first when I knew that my tigers weren't pure, but I can always get pure ones a different time...these males are so freakin' pretty! I think I even have 2 dare I call them albino endlers in there? There's 2 males that I've found so far that are gold bodied and a very faint coloration of baby blue on them...go figure! Then there's the wild looking type and then the tiger looking ones. I'm hoping to get some pics tonight after it's dark (so much better to get pics with no reflections) anyway, this is kind of fun:)

14. metrofish

metrofish New Member

pick up a set of Tiger Endler 2 weeks 3 females, and 1 male cool fish

15. MasterBlue

MasterBlue Active Member

aren't they? =3
    What variety did you get?
    red, yellow or white?

16. Haley Wolter

Haley Wolter New Member

You never posted any pictures :( I was looking forward to seeing some