1. Welcome to Aquarium Space! We are a friendly online community for aquarium owners all over the world who love their tanks including their fish, reefs, corals, invertebrates and their aquatic livestock. If you haven't joined yet, we invite you to register and join our community!

tnak changing color HELP

Discussion in 'Saltwater Fish Forum' started by Anonymous, Oct 18, 2008.

1. Anonymous

Anonymous Thread Starter Guest

Top Poster Of Month

wat do i do. before was just 2 rock and now there is a few spot on the sand and a few other rock is turning brown. i just did a 10% water change 2 day ago. should i do one again. need help ASAP. i am just freaking out right now.

2. Anthony

Anthony Active Member

It's diatom algae and is normal for new tanks.

3. Anonymous

Top Poster Of Month

wat should i do?

4. Anthony

Anthony Active Member

There's nothing you can do to remove it. It will go away over time.

5. Anonymous

Top Poster Of Month

should i change the water?

6. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

Sure it's not Red Slime Algae (Cyanobacteria)?
    If it is, do partials and use a turkey baster to "blow" it away/off and have a net handy to scoop it out. IF it is this it's usually a result of excess Phospates/nutrients. Example: over feeding, using tap water rather than ro/di, certain chemicals can even cause it.
    AGAIN, IF it is this you'll probably want to try to eliminate the source..reduce feedings, make sure you have the proper lighting...check your bulbs...slowly reduce the amount of time your lights are on, use ro/di water for everything & possibly check/change the salt mix you use. ALSO, you can use Two Little Fishies Phosban...but if you don't find your source your not going to eliminate it.
    I had this problem when I had a marine setup and came to find out it was the food I was feeding (formula one/formula two flake)...excess nutrients. Believe you me when I tell you it was a b*tch to get rid of too! This stuff multiplied faster than a barn full of rabbits!!!

7. Anonymous

Top Poster Of Month

i forget the name of the product but pet co sells something for that