1. Welcome to Aquarium Space! We are a friendly online community for aquarium owners all over the world who love their tanks including their fish, reefs, corals, invertebrates and their aquatic livestock. If you haven't joined yet, we invite you to register and join our community!

Triops Eggs

Discussion in 'Trading Post' started by MasterBlue, Jan 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MasterBlue

MasterBlue Thread Starter Active Member

I've had some Triops eggs sitting around for a while, and I've decided to sell what I got.

triops longicaudatus/newberryi eggs. I raised a mixed population, mostly newberryi
    Eggs are guarenteed to hatch, but after that I can't promis anything. Naupli tend to eat each other, but this is partially determined by the size of the tank. In 10 gallons about 4 will reach maturity. Smaller sizes only one will dominate, larger tanks I've never tested.

I'll offer bags of sand and eggs mixed together, shipped USPS, regular mail unless request otherwise.
    Shipping is 2 usd while the eggs are 3.00, if you buy 5 or more I'll sell that at 1.50 a pop.

I'm gunna post some on ebay and aquabid later on, but I wanted to see if anyone wanted some on here. They're really neat! And I could both use the money and would like the space.

If these prices are too steep I'm willing to negotiate, I'm new to this whole selling stuff idea.

2. FishVixen

FishVixen Active Member

how many eggs per bag? Are they easy to hatch?

3. MasterBlue

I can't be exactly sure how many per bag. I'd say minimum of 10. Most places advertise have 50 or more in half the sand I'm offering.
    They hatch when you add water. Use fresh water, I bottled spring water, something that doesn't have many organic molecules in it. Then place the brightest light you have over it. The water has to be about 72-78, they grow well in hotter water. You can hatch them in a smaller container then add them to a larger set up. I kept the adult Triops in this the guppies, they are too big to be hurt by the fish, and the fish can out run them. Fry might have problems tho.
    I've got videos on youtube of how I hatch them, if you need a visual.

4. MasterBlue

Guess no one is interested?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.