1. Welcome to Aquarium Space! We are a friendly online community for aquarium owners all over the world who love their tanks including their fish, reefs, corals, invertebrates and their aquatic livestock. If you haven't joined yet, we invite you to register and join our community!

trophus dubosi hadiness?

Discussion in 'Cichlids' started by lethalcustoms00, Mar 26, 2010.

1. lethalcustoms00

lethalcustoms00 Thread Starter Member

i have a 55 that is set up for tangs and i have one t. dubosi in the tank along withome n. brichardi, and 4 odd ball 4 way cross cichlids. I noticed a few days ago that the hybrids have ich. Great, i havent had that in a long time. I added some salt and raised the temp in the tank to 85ish. but i dont know how hearty the tropeus are. Ive never kept them before, but i really like them. mine is just a juvie, still has its spots. the lfs only had one so thats all i bought. andbodyknow how tought they are?

2. Anthony

Anthony Active Member

As long as you raise the temp slowly they should be perfectly fine. Bump that up to 86 just to be safe and make sure it's 86 degrees at the bottom of the tank, where ich would settle.

3. lethalcustoms00

lethalcustoms00 Thread Starter Member

good to know ill get right on that

4. Anthony

Anthony Active Member

5. dwbarger

dwbarger New Member

I to have and raise these fish and they are a very tough fish you will be fine with the temp change on this lil guy/girl