1. Welcome to Aquarium Space! We are a friendly online community for aquarium owners all over the world who love their tanks including their fish, reefs, corals, invertebrates and their aquatic livestock. If you haven't joined yet, we invite you to register and join our community!

Two 75g Fish Tanks at school (Announcement)

Discussion in 'Freshwater General Discussion' started by Guidoman888, Jan 29, 2009.

1. Guidoman888

Guidoman888 Thread Starter New Member

Re: 2 big fish tanks

Haha,, new pets for you anthony? :)

2. Anthony

Anthony Active Member

Hell no. :)

3. Guidoman888

Well I went for some information,, And they decided to put the group In charge of all the animals so I have to care for the degus Lobsters Fish And Hamster types and even rabbits :) But then the good point:We have to do a workpiece for our exams ,, I dont have to do it next year but the year after,, Maintaning the animals will count as the workpiece :)

4. Anthony

Anthony Active Member

Are you excited ?

5. Guidoman888

Yep,, Next week I can help the people who are running it now so I get a feeling what I have to do already :)

6. Anthony

Anthony Active Member

Good good. :D

7. Guidoman888

Tomorrow I'll start helping,, I spoke to the guy that leads it today,, He said if I do it good I can help them help them straight away if I want it :)

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Top Poster Of Month

that sounds like a great opportunity!

9. Guidoman888

Yep,, heres the news : I'm in charge of the aquaria and will help building the new vivarium,, in 2 weeks (we've got vacation <3) I'll start helping them :D

10. Anthony

Anthony Active Member

Wow great job !

11. Guidoman888

Yep I'm happy I took the opportunity. The best thing is that I can maintain the fish right now, since i was the first person that took advantage of the flyer hanging in the school :)

12. Anthony

Anthony Active Member

Good job. :) If you didn't you would have had to wait 2 years almost, correct ?

13. Guidoman888

well no actually,, The project will be in 2 years,, but the guys who run it now are in there final year so I would have to wait till next year :)

14. Anthony

Anthony Active Member

Ohh okay.

15. Guidoman888

Well today school started again,, We've had vacation as you might've noticed in one of my posts..

Something terrible happened. The heater in one of the tanks (currently filled with guppy's) started floating and electrocuted the water 5 fish died and all the electricity was out for the whole week.. Exept for the fish a rabbit was in bad condition (we're curing it right now) and most animals we're shocked. We inmidiatly did water changes on every tank that has water (turtle ,fish tanks and 2 of the empety fish tanks that are for a project with the goldfish from other last years) Since they were all ice cold.. I helped another lesson as I asked my teacher permission to help with it there since they only have 2 man and it wouldnt be done today since I couldnt come after school (it's my mums bday so she wants me home (me to).. Tomorrow we're going to finish the job..

And then the second thing We ordered paint for the rocks of the vivarium we're building. We only got 1/20 of the paint we ordered but we paid for all of it. We emailed them and got the response that they wont give anything.. The school is going to sue the company that sold us the paint

16. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

Wow, sorry to hear about the animals! You'll have to let me know how their doing over the next few days.
    As for the company that didn't send all the paint the school can easily report it IF they used credit card (I've had similar happen a few times in dealing with Ebay), but thankfully after my credit card company investigated it they found I wasn't making it up and refunded all of my money.

17. Guidoman888

The're busy with it right now. I think I'll be helping about 2 hours tomorrow If I dont have anything to do. Most animals are fine as it seems right now. Though one of the lobsters is eating really bad.

18. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

<--was worried about the fuzzy bunny! Hey, I'm a girl what can i say. Lol!

19. Guidoman888

Haha,, I expected that :) Í think it's mainly the shock. He'll do fine hes one old fighter school had him since my first sister came on it like 8 years ago

20. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

Senior citizen bunny, should get some romaine and carrots to help him through the trauma! Lol!