1. Welcome to Aquarium Space! We are a friendly online community for aquarium owners all over the world who love their tanks including their fish, reefs, corals, invertebrates and their aquatic livestock. If you haven't joined yet, we invite you to register and join our community!

two of my set ups

Discussion in 'Freshwater Aquariums & Fish Photos' started by rsfh, Feb 1, 2010.

1. rsfh

rsfh Thread Starter New Member

[youtube]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/7guDIbmLuUM&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/7guDIbmLuUM&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

2. HBIC

HBIC Need help??? That's what we're here for :)

Love the africans and apparently they like Spongebob :)

3. rsfh

thank you and yes my fish and my children have the same great taste in television

4. jrow8162

jrow8162 Member

Awesome fish! Looks like you have a lot of fry too! Love the aquascaping...

5. rsfh

the rock in te 80 gallon is cultured stone a common building material i know a local who has his own small factory and makes it. i spent the day with him to see what all goes into the production and i deemed the cultured stone that he makes fish safe. the great part is i paid 12 dollars for 12 sq feet of it. beet that lfs lol

6. jrow8162

jrow8162 Member

Wow, thats awesome! LFS here charges around 3+ dollars a pound for rock work.

7. rsfh

it worked out to be about 200 lbs i used what i needed and gave the rest away pay it forward

8. jrow8162

jrow8162 Member

My brother just bought some slate rock for his new tank. I have a ton of it here in my yard that I picked up from my father in laws house. Haven't used it in any of my tanks but it was free! Its definitely easy to find free rockwork. Yours turned out great!

9. rsfh

i love slate in tanks and slate is not cheap lol i am just wondering when i take the dive into salt if this cultured stone could be cured i could make a pretty cool structure if i could

10. jrow8162

jrow8162 Member

Never tried salt so I couldnt answer that. Anthony would know. He's one of the salt water experts here...

11. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

awesome tank...love the rock/slate work!