1. Welcome to Aquarium Space! We are a friendly online community for aquarium owners all over the world who love their tanks including their fish, reefs, corals, invertebrates and their aquatic livestock. If you haven't joined yet, we invite you to register and join our community!

Updated Photos of my 125

Discussion in 'Freshwater Aquariums & Fish Photos' started by LemonDiscus, Nov 17, 2008.

1. LemonDiscus

LemonDiscus Thread Starter Active Member

Well, It took a few hours to re-decorate the tank. But here is what I have. For those who are used to seeing my tank, you know where the new wood is.... for the others it is the 3 pieces on the left side of the tank.

The scratches in my tank show more now with the added light.... plus I think some sand got stuck in my Mag-Float :(
    fishtankNewWood_0231.jpg fishtankNewWood_0233.jpg fishtankNewWood_0234.jpg fishtankNewWood_0235.jpg fishtankNewWood_0237.jpg

2. Anthony

Anthony Active Member

Wow, that's really nice ! Do the Discus normally hang out in a tight group like that ?

3. LemonDiscus

No, they are now all over the tank... they were freaked out from the 2 hours with my hands in the tank.... even worse, the change in the environment....

The cool thing is they let me work within less than an inch of them and dont move. I think they are more freaked out here from the change than me....

My fish love me! :oops:

4. Anthony

Anthony Active Member

Oh okay, that's what I thought.

5. LemonDiscus

Plus they do occasionally shoal. Rarely but they do...

6. stevenrox

stevenrox New Member

thats my dream discus tank :) :) :) :) :) :) :D :D :D :D :D :D

7. LemonDiscus

Thank you, It is on its way to my dream tank.... time will make it into what I see..... I see a wall of plants in the back and hardly any background showing. Unfortunately that dont happen overnight, plus I also am missing 1 plant I want..... MICROSWORD. I want a small area with a lawn! :cool:

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Top Poster Of Month

It looks wonderful!!! You have done a really great job.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Top Poster Of Month

dude, what happened to your magfloat? layout is looking great!

10. LemonDiscus

Sand.... wife cleaned it a few times and stirred up sand..... I took it off and sand impacted all into the cleaning side.... cleaned it out and all is well now, except the scratches all along the tank :eek: :(

And thanks.... it has came a REALLY long ways!

11. stevenrox

stevenrox New Member

what kind of angel is that?

12. LemonDiscus

It is a plain silver

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Top Poster Of Month

pretty nice :)

14. LemonDiscus

Ok, this is what my tank looks like after throwing away about 25 stems of stargrass and about 15 of my half living Java Fern (sorry if anyone wanted it but they were really ratty looking peices) and removing all plants/driftwood/rocks, vacuuming and changing 70% water in an effort to remove any organic substances that could be contributing to algae growth.

While I was at it I re-modeled a bit :D :D
    IMG_1021.jpg

15. Anthony

Anthony Active Member

Looks good. It seems like the fish are always on that side of the tank. :)

16. LemonDiscus

They are.... that is the side I usually walk up to so they wait there for me to feed them if I am looking at the tank. They do move around when I am not paying attention to the tank though! I have caught them all a few times all on the other side.... :)

17. Guidoman888

Guidoman888 New Member

That's a beatifull tank :)

18. fordpwr

fordpwr New Member

Hey LemonDiscus very nice. I like the 6 foot tanks. I kind of wish I spent a bit more and purchased one that size. The wood looks very natural and the layout looks nice and established.

19. ira

ira Member

tANK COMING ALONG VERY NICE

20. LemonDiscus

Thank you! It will drive you nuts trying to aquascape a 6 foot long tank like this. I have read about it and everything says that the 6 foot tanks are the hardest to aquascape well as you either end up with a jumbled mess, a nicely aquascaped setting that looks like 2 separate tanks, of for a very few a nice even looking show piece. I am by no means near that point yet but that is where I want to be!

fordpwr: It is about a 8 months established as a 125, however some of the stuff in the tank came from my 55 before I moved the tank to the 125. I had the 55 going for a year and before that had a few things in a 29 I started everything with. So there are some things in that tank that date back about 2.5 years or so. Not much though. I actually trimmed everything down for that photo as I did throw away about a 2-hand-scoop of plants and trimming from the tank.

ira: thank you, TONS of time on this tank. I end up spending a few hours a week on this tank alone between fighting algae, feedings, and cleanings! Hey it keeps me busy!