1. Welcome to Aquarium Space! We are a friendly online community for aquarium owners all over the world who love their tanks including their fish, reefs, corals, invertebrates and their aquatic livestock. If you haven't joined yet, we invite you to register and join our community!

Updated pics of angels and fry

Discussion in 'Freshwater Aquariums & Fish Photos' started by Stellaluna, Aug 5, 2009.

1. Stellaluna

Stellaluna Thread Starter New Member

Here is a pic of the tank now, with the fry free swimming almost exactly 4 weeks now. You can't appreciate how many fry there are based on these pics - the fry swim to quickly and just don't show up. Frank is in the center. If you compare these pics to how the tank looked a month ago, it is obvious the plants have gone nuts. Something about the extra nutrients from all of the fry and the frequent feedings, plus lengthier photoperiod - I don't know - the plants are loving this and I'm going to have to make room for fish. Right now it is good because it gives the fry lots of places to explore.
    ai96.photobucket.com_albums_l168_EWrightB_aquarium_40g_Angels_Aug09.jpg

Here is a closer pic, featuring Agnes, and pretty much everywhere in the shot there are fry if you look closely. Most of them look like marbles but I do have some very light ones that may wind up being golds. They all look like angels now, with ventral fins and everything. They come rushing out to see when you approach the tank, and they come out of everywhere. There are a LOT of them! It is near time to move some into another tank for rearing - this tank is going to max out its bioload pretty soon. I do daily PWCs and feed 6 times a day.

ai96.photobucket.com_albums_l168_EWrightB_aquarium_40g_Angels_Aug09_2.jpg

2. buzz4520

buzz4520 Well-Known Member

looks great...i bet the fry really like having all them plants to hide in and explore.

3. Stellaluna

Stellaluna Thread Starter New Member

Thanks, and yep, the babies have lots to do in that tank, lol.

I understand that this is counterproductive in terms of raising them to selling size, since you do not want them wasting energy swimming around to find food, or swimming around, for that matter, since it uses up metabolic resources and slows their growth. I am not sure this is true, but I am enjoying it so far, and certainly in the wild they'd be poking around, exploring (and getting eaten!).

Speaking of the fry, if anyone has any suggestions on the settings I should use on my camera (Canon G7) to capture pictures of the fry I would be most grateful!

4. Anthony

Anthony Active Member

They look like little Angels now ! :)

5. angelLuver

angelLuver New Member

love the angels stella,you can always send some this way ! = )

6. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

they look awesome! I love your tanks too...so aestically pleasing.