1. Welcome to Aquarium Space! We are a friendly online community for aquarium owners all over the world who love their tanks including their fish, reefs, corals, invertebrates and their aquatic livestock. If you haven't joined yet, we invite you to register and join our community!

Article Vacation Pre-Planning & Feeding Solutions

Discussion in 'Aquarium Equipment & Decor' started by MOD_Dawn, Jun 24, 2009.

1. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Thread Starter Active Member

Vacation Pre-Planning & Feeding Solutions

Vacation Pre-Planning:
    [*]Arrange for a friend or neighbor to check the tank every day in case there is a power failure or any of the equipment malfunctions.
    [*]If someone else is to feed the fish, show them exactly how much food they should give each time, in order to prevent overfeeding.
    Hint>use dixie cups and labeling them such as morning, afternoon, night >>same can be done with small freezer bags.
    [*]As an alternative, consider using an automatic feeder or a food block.
    [*]Carry out partial water change and check all equipment before you leave.
    [*]Leave a contact number in case of emergencies.

Feeding Solutions when you have no one you can trust:

Automatic battery-operated feeders can be set to dispense measured amounts of food at regular times, ensuring that the fish do not go hungry when you are away.

Another long term option is a food block placed on the aquarium floor, which will not pollute the water as other foods would if left uneaten.
    pPETS-5263054dt.jpg pPETS-3756101dt.jpg images.jpg

2. stevenrox

stevenrox New Member

becare full of the auto feeder one time mines went wacked (or i set it wrong) and it put ALL the food in...

3. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Thread Starter Active Member

sheesh, I know the one I had only held x amount in each chamber. Sounds like you may have set it incorrectly there.