1. Welcome to Aquarium Space! We are a friendly online community for aquarium owners all over the world who love their tanks including their fish, reefs, corals, invertebrates and their aquatic livestock. If you haven't joined yet, we invite you to register and join our community!

video

Discussion in 'Freshwater Aquariums & Fish Photos' started by captainkurk, Apr 22, 2010.

1. captainkurk

captainkurk Thread Starter New Member

Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:28 am

my fish are still adjusting.

2. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

What size tank is this one?

Correct me if I'm wrong but I see angelfish (by the way, they look really nice), neon tetras (your angels will eat these), harlequin raspboras (they will eat these too), marbled hatchetfish (great in groups of 6 & stay at the top level), some sort of pleco (thinking it may be a common?), ?panda corydoras' (cute lil buggers...also need to be in groups of about 6), red eyed tetras (active lil buggers when you get them in groups), black skirt tetras (most will get nippy...aggressive at feeding time too), Hi Fin Diamond tetras (pretty in large groups), and a keyhole cichlid (in case you didn't know..those lil guys can get to be just under 5" a piece...when they get bigger they can/will eat most of the tetras your keeping in here/there).

And if those are silver dollar fish they'll get about 5-5+" (I'd so love to see a photo of them if so when they're full grown...petstores here only seem to carry them when they're itty bitty).

You might have to pull some of that decor out to give them swimming room once they start to get of descent size (meaning angels/keyhole/?silver dollar)..I like the ancient ruins..I know you pd. for that! I seen those at my local petsmart :)

3. FishVixen

FishVixen Active Member

You need alot of plants and hiding places for all those little fish. When the bigger fish (angels) settle in they're going to go into a feeding frenzy with the tetras. I love the decorations in the tank. Like Dawn said watch those fast moving, fin nipping black skirt tetras. I've seen them in 1 night eat all the fins off an angel and killed the angel that was 3x there size.

4. captainkurk

those are black phantom tetras. my list goes like this: 1 females and 2 male congo tetras, 1m 1fm black phantom tetras, 2 keyhole cichlids, 2m 3fm angelfish, 4m 1fm harlequin raspboras, 1 large plecostomus, 4 male silver dollars, 1m 2fm small rainbowfish, 3 cory cats, 3 neons, 4 regular hatchets and 1 marble hatchet, 3 zebra danios, and a small silver tetra with a black spot right before its tail.

5. HBIC

HBIC Need help??? That's what we're here for :)

What size tank? Be careful as most of the fish will become food for the silver dollars as they mature.

6. captainkurk

55 gallons. i live in a small condo.

7. HBIC

HBIC Need help??? That's what we're here for :)

WOW that is A LOT of fish for a 55, you may want to reconsider your stocking and rehome the keyholes and silver dollars and keep a community tank or rehome the smaller species and keep the keyholes and A silver dollar.

8. captainkurk

the silver dollars are getting a first-class ticket to the aquarium as a store credit on some more rainbowfish. :)

9. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

you're a bit overstocked there...and why more males than females..it should be the other way around 3 females at least to each male. Or simply all males or all females (but sometimes they'll show agression that way).

10. captainkurk

ideally, yes. this circumstance is mainly the luck of the draw. i recieved the silver dollars as a rehome, and some of my fish have died recently. this tank, as many are, is a work in progress. the silver dollars are gone tomorrow, and i might be getting more congo tetras. :)