1. Welcome to Aquarium Space! We are a friendly online community for aquarium owners all over the world who love their tanks including their fish, reefs, corals, invertebrates and their aquatic livestock. If you haven't joined yet, we invite you to register and join our community!

wanted, any small or dwarf loaches

Discussion in 'Trading Post' started by lethalcustoms00, Jul 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lethalcustoms00

lethalcustoms00 Thread Starter Member

i have a mts problem that i cant contain so im looking for some small loaches to buy.

2. Anthony

Anthony Active Member

What type are you looking for, any ?

3. lethalcustoms00

Sids, or stratia. Ones that stay smaller and won't destroy plants

4. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

might wanna give a clown loach a try, they won't bother your plants and will make a quick lunch out of them.
    That or go through the trap and bait (lettuce and zuchinni works in a pinch).

I personally love mts as they are great substrate adjetators (sp).

5. lethalcustoms00

i dont want a clown that will either be too hard to catch or just plain grow too big, so im about to have to get another yo yo for now. i lov emy mts also, dont get me wrong but they are overpowering my tank.

6. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

ya, the clowns are a bleep to catch. But as for growing too big, that takes years and your lucky if you end up getting them over 4 or 5" in my experience (seem to be slow on the growing side).

YoYo's are quick too in my experience with them, Loved them when I had them but they kept grazing over various fish in my tank stressing them out so they had to go. If I had the cash I'd buy the excess mts off ya, I'm in need of some with the sand substrate.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.