1. Welcome to Aquarium Space! We are a friendly online community for aquarium owners all over the world who love their tanks including their fish, reefs, corals, invertebrates and their aquatic livestock. If you haven't joined yet, we invite you to register and join our community!

Well you want pics? Here they are

Discussion in 'Freshwater Aquariums & Fish Photos' started by FishVixen, Mar 18, 2010.

1. FishVixen

FishVixen Thread Starter Active Member

ai792.photobucket.com_albums_yy203_FishVixen_NPT_55NPT013.jpg
    ai792.photobucket.com_albums_yy203_FishVixen_NPT_55NPT006.jpg
    ai792.photobucket.com_albums_yy203_FishVixen_NPT_55NPT009.jpg
    55 Gal NPT still a little cloudy but doing great. I hand painted the background. Last pic is of first 29 gal at about 2 months now. The hood is a DIY project.

2. WhiteGloveAquatics

WhiteGloveAquatics New Member

how much for the buddha?

3. FishVixen

He was given to me by a Thai monk when I was in Thailand. I used to travel alot and have brick brack form all over the world. Now I'm stuck in Richmond Va. LOL At least I did it while I was younger.

4. WhiteGloveAquatics

I want one BAD, I love those little hand carved stone ones, they are hard to get here mainly because chicago's asian market is 95% chinese and its hard to find em.

call up that monk tell em we americans need enlightenment!

5. FishVixen

He was from a little village that had no electricity. We slept in grass hut on straw. That was back in 1997. Man that's over 10 years ago time flies. Yes we do need enlightenment!

6. WhiteGloveAquatics

My old man used to tell me about sleeping like that in thailand and taiwan/singapore area while he was in the navy. used to sleep with 1 eye open all the time lol.

7. FishVixen

Got that right!

8. WhiteGloveAquatics

He was armed due to his job at the time when off base due to hostiles ect in the area but he never asked what was in front of him he just ate it, never asked what he drank, he said he learned the hardway in japan.

Some bad critters roam those forest floors I tell you what.

9. FishVixen

I'm arachniadphobic (spiders) and they were all over the place including being served for "dinner". Actually they don't taste bad after all they're related to crabs. I woke up with a 3 foot iguagna (? spelling bad) next to me.

10. WhiteGloveAquatics

His peeve was snakes, they were everywhere, spiders the size of vw bugs, yeah it sounds like my kinds camping but some people cant get accustomed to it.

I had a 5' iguana wake me up at 4am by biting my toe. Her name was Fiji. she got a new home after she whipped me and split my leg wide open.

11. FishVixen

Snakes don't bother me after owning a 14 ft Boa but there was quite a few roaming (basking) around I just didn't like the "bugs". Yes you had to sleep with a net or get bit by something while asleep.

12. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

Disney World has them, my kid has a similar one that we got for like $5

Here's one for $.99 http://www.black-bear-haversack.com/pro ... ts_id/2220 (google small buddah and change the search option from low to high)....
    <--Just redoing a bedroom in the buddah/asian/Feng Shui(sp) type theme.

13. WhiteGloveAquatics

disney world is a long ways away from me lol,really long ways and the kids arent old enough to enjoy that theme park yet YET.

that site looks like the local headshop lol, im off to shop now hehe need a few buddhas, hopefully his jolly jelly belly will calm down the angels.