1. Welcome to Aquarium Space! We are a friendly online community for aquarium owners all over the world who love their tanks including their fish, reefs, corals, invertebrates and their aquatic livestock. If you haven't joined yet, we invite you to register and join our community!

Wet Dry Filter / Bio Wheel

Discussion in 'Aquarium Equipment & Decor' started by bruddaone, Jun 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bruddaone

bruddaone Thread Starter New Member

Ok I was in PetCo yesterday and they had a 29/30g setup that was on sale that had a Wet/Dry Filter BioWheel setup that was on sale for 119.00 is that a good deal, a good setup and what exactly is a bio-wheel... considering my LFS had a 60 gallon aquarium on sale for 60 bucks...and that seemed negotiable...I didn't know if this was a good deal or not...

Since the kids tank has turned out well I was thinking of doing another larger one...however 200 bucks is the limit...although my kid was all over me to get the 60 gallon used tank...I was thinking with accessories and fish it would take me well over my limit...

What do you guys think...

2. Anthony

Anthony Active Member

It was a Marineland filter with a BioWheel, correct ? The BioWheel is just a cylinder that sits on the front of the filter that is spun by water exiting the filter. It's purpose it to allow beneficial bacteria to grow on it.

What type of stand does it come with, if any ?

3. bruddaone

No stand if I recollect correctly...or if it did come with the one it was sitting on...I wouldn't trust it to hold that much water...especially in earthquake country...

4. Anthony

Anthony Active Member

I'm not sure I would call that a "deal" but it's not a bad price.

5. bruddaone

OK...maybe I'll see what I can dig up on Craigslist...I thought the PetCo setup was a deal because the LFS I go to has a 60 gallon setup with a pretty nice stand for 299 everything need to run a tank including a gravel cleaner, food the works...however no fish...out of my immediate range...

6. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

defin. do craiglist...just about positive you can score a deal much better.

7. bruddaone

Why do you keep moving my posts...it's getting a little scary...LOL...I would have never thought to put this post under this subject...I don't see how it applies....

8. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

Lol, because your asking if it's a "deal"
    We had topics like this that were moved here when Anthony created the new topic..and locked and archieved the old ones.

(pats on back and says "don't be scared..it will be ok)

9. bruddaone

LOL...oh ok...I was just wondering...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.