1. Welcome to Aquarium Space! We are a friendly online community for aquarium owners all over the world who love their tanks including their fish, reefs, corals, invertebrates and their aquatic livestock. If you haven't joined yet, we invite you to register and join our community!

what are you doing today that is tank related?

Discussion in 'Freshwater General Discussion' started by eeyipes, Aug 12, 2008.

1. HBIC

HBIC Need help??? That's what we're here for :)

That's a nice tank, 125 for a single betta eh now that would be living the life of Riley for a betta lol

• Like Like x 1
  2. buzz4520

buzz4520 Well-Known Member

Water changes and filter maintenance.
    Yesterday we inherited/rescued 9 fish, got them in a qt for now, but have to figure out what tank(s) to put them in. All of our tanks are a little over stocked as it is, these 9 "new" (to us that is) fish will just make it worse. The fish are : 3 Columbian (red-blue) Tetra, 5 Buenos Aires Tetra, 1 Powder Blue Dwarf Gourami.

3. HBIC

The Colombians are my all time favorite fish

4. buzz4520

The Colombian Tetras seems to be a really good little fish, can't wait for the ones we got to get their full colors, still a little dull right now. I've been diong some profile/compatability searches on the fish we just got. My wife is really taking a liking to the powder blue dwarf gourami.

5. HBIC

They can be a bit on the mean side be careful

6. buzz4520

We've been keeping a close eye on all of our new fish. We got them all in a 10g qt (moved the guppies out and put them in the 20g), it's a little cramped for them but still better than what they were in (tanks/water conditions) before we got them.
    The gourami(2 - 2 1/4 inches) is coloring up really good in just over a day of having him, the blue is really starting to show along with hints of green and red. He's leaving the others alone and their not bothering him either.
    The buenos aires are alittle rowdy amongst themselves, picking their pecking order, all 5 are about 2 1/2 - 2 3/4 inches. The Colombians (all 3 about 1 3/4 inches) are actually schooling with the buenos aires.

7. buzz4520

All of the fish we got last weekend (still in qt) are doing really good. They've all colored up really nice. Going to keep them in qt for another week or 2, just have to decide which tank (s) they are going in.

8. buzz4520

water changes and filter maintenance

9. buzz4520

Move the fish from qt to the 55g.

10. buzz4520

Water changes & filter maintenance.

11. buzz4520

12. buzz4520

Filter on my 20g stopped working....tore down & found a small piece of a fake plant got sucked up lodged in the impellor. Cleared/cleaned...works like new again.

13. skinz78

skinz78 Member

Arrg I hate it when that happens.. I once had a snail get sucked into my Vortech MP40 powerhead and it cost me about $80 to fix the damages...

14. BarbH

BarbH Member

Today it is just watching and enjoying the tank. Yesterday was water change, pulling out some of the duck weed. Along with that finally got around to cutting down the spray bar for my canister filter so that it could be mounted to the side of the tank. After doing that the fish did not quite know what to make of the new current flow in the tank :)

15. buzz4520

Water changes and filter maintenance. Moved all the decor in the 55g and did a good gravel vac. Had straighten out the gravel in the 150g, my oscars decided to make a couple gravel piles, one at each end of the tank.

• Like Like x 1
  16. BarbH

BarbH Member

Needing to do a water change and filter maintenance myself, just have to decide if I want to do it tonight or tomorrow before work. Have to love when fish decide to redecorate, I use to have a pair of convicts that use to move the gravel around in their tank :)

17. skinz78

skinz78 Member

I need to do some top off and empty my protein skimmer.

18. buzz4520

Some times I feel like it's "game" for my oscars to see how many times they can get me to undo what they did to the inside of the tank.

• Like Like x 1
  19. buzz4520

While I was trying to do a gravel vac to the 150g, my tiger oscar didn't like my hand or the vac in the tank at all today. He kept attacking the vac & my hand , jumped half way out of the tank to get to my hand/fingers. I asked my wife if it was her turn to do the 150g, she just chuckled and said "NOPE, not my turn". One of our albino oscars has actually jumped out of the tank, hit my wife's chest and then the floor, while she was trying to feed them. She did get him back in tank all right.

• Like Like x 2
  20. BarbH

BarbH Member

Just finished doing maintenance on my canister filter and about halfway done on the water change. Have to love water changer systems, no carrying buckets and no accidental splashing of water every where.