1. Welcome to Aquarium Space! We are a friendly online community for aquarium owners all over the world who love their tanks including their fish, reefs, corals, invertebrates and their aquatic livestock. If you haven't joined yet, we invite you to register and join our community!

what is your favorite brand tank & why?

Discussion in 'Aquarium Equipment & Decor' started by stevenrox, Dec 2, 2008.

1. stevenrox

stevenrox Thread Starter New Member

tanks
    any one got a favorite brand tank? for me i love eclipse 3 aquariums there not to big good for holding eggs before they hatch etc. i personally have 3 of these

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Top Poster Of Month

tupperwear containers are also great for eggs and less expensive!

3. stevenrox

lol tre but but when you can get a good deal i bought my tanks one was free the other two were 50$ for both!
    and one was brand new

4. SyncereOne

SyncereOne New Member

My favorite tank brand is the one that fits where I need it and does not leak...aside from that, I'm not picky.

5. genettico

genettico New Member

Perfecto and all-glass and some oceanic with starphire front glass!

6. lostanime

lostanime New Member

I'm a sucker for perfecto - owned over a dozen in the last 20 years (some rebranded but still perfecto manufacturing)... despite being one of the cheaper brands I've NEVER had one leak, despite two having chips. My only complaints are with the predrilled - not enough throughput (although their standard durso style plumbing at least means no gurgling/noise!)

Also - we took hammers to a 55gal in my garage so we could fit it in a trashcan years back... I was VERY surprised at how much grunt we had to put forth to bust it - the first time I threw a 26# hammer it BOUNCED!

7. stevenrox

wow hammer to a tank on a fish forum never heard of lol