1. Welcome to Aquarium Space! We are a friendly online community for aquarium owners all over the world who love their tanks including their fish, reefs, corals, invertebrates and their aquatic livestock. If you haven't joined yet, we invite you to register and join our community!

what you'd do differently if you had to start all over

Discussion in 'Aquarium Equipment & Decor' started by eeyipes, Jul 2, 2008.

1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Top Poster Of Month

can you get a zoomed pic? i am doubting that is java fern

2. Anthony

Anthony Active Member

No. Tanks are in VT and I'm in VA... I'm 100% sure it's java fern.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Top Poster Of Month

ooooooooooh, i get it, lol. well, those might be the broad leaf species, because they have ones with different leaf sizes.

4. Anthony

Anthony Active Member

Could be.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Top Poster Of Month

I wouldn't get anything under a 100 gal. tank..the smaller the tank, the more I end up having to move growing/breeding contants! lol Honestly, I am setting up a new tank now, for 3 silver dollars that have grown huge, the tank is planted, all natural, using figi water and no chemicals whatsoever..new experiment for me. I am using feeder fish for a cycle, and will then add the silver dollars and a pleco, that has also overgrown his current home. All plants and wood were "scavanged" from our existing tanks, as is a slate cave made with a slab of slate and 4 rocks. I am really anxious to see how the silvers enjoy their new space..but need to wait another week before adding them ;)

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Top Poster Of Month

wow 100 gallons of figi water $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ :eek:

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Top Poster Of Month

Summer..hubbie is in the food biz, so we are NOT paying retail..I use figi in all my tanks, no chemicals, and even if you have to cut a deal, and pay partial retail, the h2o quality is better..and no additives are needed, so you about break even..it IS a bit more expensive..But hey, I don't drink tap, only voss or figi, my fishies have to LIVE in this,,up to me to give them the best I can do. IF you contact a local supplier and tell him you need it for your fish, you will get a HUGE discount, and won't have to buy chemicals to de chlorinate! ph IS PERFECT FOR DISCUS ETC..SWEAR BY THE STUFF..JUST TALKED MY VET INTO SING IT INHIS TANKS, HIS DISCUS ARE SPAWNING NOW FOR THE FIRST TIEM..GREAT STUFF THAT FIGI WATER....sorry about the caps, can't re-type..decided to have a drink or hmm sixteen tonight! Anyone close want to foster dogs or cats..we are overloaded here in NYC..and I will deliver within reason..4 hour drive max one way!! ;)

8. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

I'd have the uv hooked up before planting, change the background to black or a nicer blue, and run some type of filter (?magnum 350pro) that will filter out the teeny tiny stuff.

9. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

as of today...If I didn't have the discus I'd do goldfish.
    Especially after seeing some of Ricks!

10. blowfishRus6

blowfishRus6 New Member

i would have got a larger tank from the get go!!!!