1. Welcome to Aquarium Space! We are a friendly online community for aquarium owners all over the world who love their tanks including their fish, reefs, corals, invertebrates and their aquatic livestock. If you haven't joined yet, we invite you to register and join our community!

will eggs hatch with only air pump (no heater/filter)?

Discussion in 'Freshwater General Discussion' started by Anonymous, Sep 21, 2008.

1. Anonymous

Anonymous Thread Starter Guest

Top Poster Of Month

Question

i have a 3 gallon tank.gonna put air pumb to see if the eggs hatch but no heater/filter.will it be alright?

2. Anthony

Anthony Active Member

Re: Question

Depends on the air temp in the room it's located in. It the water gets too cold the eggs probably won't hatch.

3. LemonDiscus

LemonDiscus Active Member

Depends on what eggs you have. I have spawning corydoras and I have the same setup. They need water that is in the low to mid 70's to live and that is what my house room temp is. It holds 74 without a heater. There is no pump on mine either. The airstone keeps the water moving to oxygenate it. The filter is not needed as long as you change water occasionally in small amounts while the fry are small. The bigger question is what temp do the eggs of your fish need. That answer will be your answer for the heater.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Thread Starter Guest

Top Poster Of Month

i know!!! Ill put my old betta tank in my tank with eggs and they'll hatch it has a lid and the eggs will get there needs!!!
    :D :D :D :D :D