1. Welcome to Aquarium Space! We are a friendly online community for aquarium owners all over the world who love their tanks including their fish, reefs, corals, invertebrates and their aquatic livestock. If you haven't joined yet, we invite you to register and join our community!

WOOT Baby Endler's!

Discussion in 'Livebearer Fish' started by eeyipes, Jul 20, 2008.

1. eeyipes

eeyipes Thread Starter New Member

Yay, one of the momma Endler's dropped some fry! I just found 2 hiding in the tank, hopefully there's more in the thick mass of guppy grass where I can't see them. Both are very small and grey, but move fast and don't seem too shy. I have 3 adult females, and despite the appearance of the new babies all the mom fish still look very fat and pregnant. So, more on the way, no doubt!

So Anthony, I was wondering, how long before they start to show their colors if they are male?

2. noshow discus

noshow discus New Member

Gratz and now you know you have to set up another tank to grow them out in lol

3. Anthony

Anthony Active Member

Yay! Get ready for a lot more in the near future, LoL

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Top Poster Of Month

Does this mean my new batch is comming soon?? Congrads DADDY!

5. Anthony

Anthony Active Member

Sorry I didn't answer this the first time. I missed the question.

They should start to show colors around 3 months or so. Generally when they're approaching adult size you'll start to see black markings appear. Black is always the first color to appear.

6. eeyipes

Thanks, found a 3rd baby yesterday, and possibly a fourth today. Hard to count them when they're hiding in a mass of najas. So far they seem to have no trouble avoiding the bigger fish - with the plain grey coloring they are hard to spot.

7. Anthony

Anthony Active Member

Generally the adults won't bother the fry. They can eat them but I've never had that problem.

8. Dox13

Dox13 Member

Eeyipes how are your endlers doing. How many babies did you end up having?

9. eeyipes

Right now I have ... (counts on fingers) ... something like ... 15?

2 have grown to be females which are pregnant already. 1 is a male just starting to show his black stripes. The rest are too young to tell yet. It's hard to count them all, they hide well in the plants. Started with 5 adults in mid June!

10. Dox13

Dox13 Member

What kind of live plants to you have in there tank? Just wondering what they like in there tank, incase I get some from Anthony later.

11. eeyipes

I have a big bushy wad of guppy grass floating in the corner that they hide in. Any plant with thick growth will help them hide. Plus I had some algae in the water I'm sure they were feeding on when they were tiny. I waited for them to get bigger before trying to fix my algae problem. (The tank is too close to a window and the water gets greenish)

12. Dox13

Dox13 Member

Thanks for the info.

13. scottdrag

scottdrag New Member

i cant wait till i get some