1. Welcome to Aquarium Space! We are a friendly online community for aquarium owners all over the world who love their tanks including their fish, reefs, corals, invertebrates and their aquatic livestock. If you haven't joined yet, we invite you to register and join our community!

WTB: Otocinclus Cocama aka Zebra Oto

Discussion in 'Trading Post' started by James0816, Aug 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. James0816

James0816 Thread Starter New Member

Ok folks...I need your help in the Virginia area. I have duplicated my current 10g Oto tank and am now looking for Otocinclus Cocama (aka the Zebra Oto). I have seen some online but of course the shipping is gonna kill me. At $12/fishy and nearly $50 for overnight shipping....youchers!

So...If you can put feelers out to your LFS to see if any of them can find them, I would greatly appreciate it. This would save me a ton on shipping.

There is of course no guarantees to success, but in the event of successfull breeding, I would be offering a "finders fee/discount/free fishy" to the parties that can assist.

Thank ya kindly!
    J.

2. Aironia

Aironia New Member

feelers officialy out .... Gotta fish farmer that found my L114 on the case. Hes got a network of over 40 local fish farmers, it was amazing checking out this guys set up. But thats another post!

3. James0816

Sounds great! Thanks.

4. Aironia

Aironia New Member

Well my guys main supplier had this to say"We can't get them in right now. Availability in South America is not good at this time of the year" I'm assuming it's the rainy season which would mean waters are deeper and running faster and harder to catch things in. She did say that when they get them, your cost would be $12 each.
    She also said she knows some breeders, although not many folks have to much luck mass breeding these. Soo still looken!!

(I think I'm going to set up a ten gallon and try these with you, if I ever find any, think Ill start with six or so, let them mature in the ten gallon, and then hopefully tell the sexes. Then distribute the rest into my other tanks.)

Did you just get lucky with a boy and a girl or did you sorta know what to look for?

5. James0816

I got lucky off the bat and got a m/f in there the first time. I do have others, but I didn't have any plans of breeding at the time. Nature just took it's course.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.